• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there any Oyster Pay as you go fare for non London zone stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaii2468

Oyster pay as you go fares are often cheaper than cash fares, I wonder that for those non London zone stations which have Oyster card readers, do they charge cash fare or Oyster pay as you go?

For example Weekday off peak Staines to London zone 1 using Oyster pay as you go card.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I don't understand your question.

You cannot use Oyster PAYG at Staines. The only places outside London Zones 1-9 you can use Oyster at are Watford Junction and stations on the lines to Grays (Ockendon, Chafford Hundred, Purfleet and Grays).

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Staines station doesn't have Oyster card readers.

The only stations outside Zones 1-9 which are presently accepting Oyster is Purfleet, Grays, Chafford Hundred and Ockendon (on c2c) and Watford Junction (on London Overground and London Midland). There are plans to roll this out to some FCC stations in the coming months; see other forum threads on that matter.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Many SWT stations have smartcard readers which look a little like Oyster readers - is this what you mean?

As bb21 says, the only stations outside Zones 1-6 where you can use Oyster are in Zones 7,8 and 9, Watford Junction ("Zone W") and the four stations between Z6 and Grays ("Zone G").

wintonian

Established Member
Staines station doesn't have Oyster card readers.

The only stations outside Zones 1-9 which are presently accepting Oyster is Purfleet, Grays, Chafford Hundred and Ockendon (on c2c) and Watford Junction (on London Overground and London Midland). There are plans to roll this out to some FCC stations in the coming months; see other forum threads on that matter.

I don't suppose there is any chance of extending them to Woking is there? Would be quite handy for my London trips.

island

Veteran Member
I think any extensions on the SWT or SET networks are extremely unlikely, as SWT seems to want to use its ITSO product and SET seems to greatly dislike Oyster.

Status
Not open for further replies.