• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is There Any Way of Identifying this Station? (update: it's Strood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlivDown

Good Evening,
I come to these forums in need of any answers to a very specific question.
I'm part of an online circle revolving the Eddsworld webseries, and recently reshared was this image of a decal on a mystery train station from 2010. The decal itself was placed there by the late Edd Gould, and - while the decal is very likely no more - I am determined to find this station, which is what leads me here.
Is there any way of identifying the station pictured in this image?

Thank you for any of your help, and if I have gotten some things wrong in this post i apologise, forums are not my forte.

-Bliv

66494062.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jdp30

Looks like there's a third rail? So either south of England or Merseyrail?
Platforms look bi-directionally signalled as well?

Gathursty

Established Member
The blue bands on the light poles make me think of Thameslink or FCC if this photo is from 2010. I've got nothing else.

Val3ntine

Looks a little bit like Raynes Park (Even though I’m sure it’s not), I’m thinking a station somewhere on the SWR network as they usually look pretty similar and identical to this.

Taunton

Established Member
Strood is the station in the photo, looking towards Maidstone
It does indeed look like Strood was, but the view is now very different since the new footbridge was erected at just this spot on the platform about 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.