• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there too much politics on this forum?

Has there been too much of a focus on politics on RailUK Forums recently?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
It's been politics, politics, politics for a long time now in General Discussion.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
No it's an important current affair, so important to discuss at the current time.

Harbornite

Established Member
Hmm, I wonder why that is. Maybe because of the recent EU referendum, one of the most important political decisions of the last 40 years? May I politely suggest that if you don't like the amount of political discussion here then stop browsing the general discussion section and do something else with your time until it all dies down.

richw

Veteran Member
Hmm, I wonder why that is. Maybe because of the recent EU referendum, one of the most important political decisions of the last 40 years? May I politely suggest that if you don't like the amount of political discussion here then stop browsing the general discussion section and do something else with your time until it all dies down.

Or scroll past it.

Harbornite

Established Member
Or scroll past it.

Indeed. On another note, I've know some people who complain about seeing pics on instagram that they don't like, I just told them to scroll past the pics and get on with it. I really don't understand some people, they take the internet too seriously and seem to forget that webpages and tabs can be closed.

backontrack

Established Member
I think that obviously some discussion is necessary, but we've been a bit OTT with the number of threads about it.

Harbornite

Established Member
I think that obviously some discussion is necessary, but we've been a bit OTT with the number of threads about it.

That's because of the EU ref which is understandably a big issue. As I've said before, just go elsewhere (such as threads about food or trains)

me123

Established Member
No it's an important current affair, so important to discuss at the current time.

Agreed. The vote has huge implications for the country, and it's only natural and sensible that it is discussed.

To those who don't care less, I sympathise but do what I do when I see threads about football and such - just don't click.

Harbornite

Established Member
Agreed. The vote has huge implications for the country, and it's only natural and sensible that it is discussed.

To those who don't care less, I sympathise but do what I do when I see threads about football and such - just don't click.

Too hard for some people. Also it seems counter-intuitive to complain about there being too much political discussion by starting another thread on the topic. That only serves to increase the amount of political-based discussion taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.