• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is this only valid on date of travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashirusnw

I booked for a specific date (30th) but realised that I need to travel a day earlier.

Is this ticket valid the day before (19th)? Customer service at SouthEastern thought not but ticket says "valid until"!

gqpaZht.jpg

Also, it's a family railcard but my son is only travelling with me on the return leg. Customer service claimed that's fine, but as you can tell I don't quite trust their opinion.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
And it wouldn't be valid on the outward leg if your son wasn't travelling either.

gray1404

Established Member
Your best bet here is to apply for a refund. From what I read it looks like I was Southeastern you purchased the ticket from. If you were to apply for a refund from them then their website says: if you apply for a refund on an unused Anytime or Off peak ticket before the ticket is valid for travel, or on the day, at the ticket office where the ticket was bought, within an hour of purchase, as long as you can demonstrate that you have not used that ticket, they will give you a refund and will not charge you any administration fee.

I would therefore try and get a refund from Southeastern. I know that strictly speaking your ticket is a Off Peak Family Travelcard but best see what they say first.

Plan B would be, depending on your travel plans in terms of which train company you are travelling with within the London Zones, you obtain a full refund without the administration fee. Southern have said that: "If you decide not to travel because of the revised timetable, please return your ticket to the original retailer for a refund." If you asked for a refund because of the revised timetable then an admin fee cannot be charged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.