• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is this possible on one ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday I'm going to be doing the following:

Rochester - Strood
Strood - Newington
Newington - Rochester

Logic dictates that a Strood - Newington CDR @ £3.45 (with railcard) be valid, but is it legally/permitted to do so - or are split tickets required?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

postye

Saturday I'm going to be doing the following:

Rochester - Strood
Strood - Newington
Newington - Rochester

Logic dictates that a Strood - Newington CDR @ £3.45 (with railcard) be valid, but is it legally/permitted to do so - or are split tickets required?

Thanks in advance :)

surely your first leg Rochester to Strood is going in the opposite direction to Newington?

postye

Yes it will be but as I'm alighting at RTR on the return I'm thinking it might be valid .... I could be thinking too logically though.

once the return portion of a ticket is used the outward becomes invalid, so you couldn't then use the outward portion to get to Newington

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Yes it will be but as I'm alighting at RTR on the return I'm thinking it might be valid .... I could be thinking too logically though.

You seem to be aiming to use part of the return portion before the out portion of the ticket. This is definitely not allowed under the conditions of carriage:

17. Using a return ticket
A return ticket (including a two-part return ticket) is only valid for the outward journey shown on that ticket if the ticket is completely unused. You may not use the outward part of a return ticket after you have used the return part

Status
Not open for further replies.