• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is this Scholar ticket disallowed at weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR :D

I was travelling on the train towards Birmingham New Street. There was a group of boys sitting few seats away from me. The RPI came and asked all of them to show their tickets. Every single of them showed their valid ticket except one.

One had a ticket that had a "Scholar" on it with valid dates and it was TWM ticket (Now NXWM) ticket. RPI rejected this ticket stating it couldn't be used on weekends. Suddenly he then changed his mind and said "It's your lucky day" and then left.

I thought this type of ticket was to be only used on the buses, not on trains, metros and other types of transportation since it is TWM/NXWM type ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
Did it look like this (with "Scholar" instead of "Student" and in the WM colour scheme rather than the Coventry one)? If so, then it's just a buspass and isn't valid on the trains. It is, however, valid on the Metro being as the Metro is in effect run as an adjunct to NXWM.

Attachments

• buspass.png
    buspass.png
    331.3 KB · Views: 84

Did it look like this (with "Scholar" instead of "Student" and in the WM colour scheme rather than the Coventry one)? If so, then it's just a buspass and isn't valid on the trains. It is, however, valid on the Metro being as the Metro is in effect run as an adjunct to NXWM.

Yes that's it. Apparently after RPI left, I heard them chatting that they didn't spot the fact that travelcard is not valid on weekends and they said they had been using train nearly everyday for school and sometimes weekends for different purposes.

Eagle

Established Member
Yes that's it. Apparently after RPI left, I heard them chatting that they didn't spot the fact that travelcard is not valid on weekends and they said they had been using train nearly everyday for school and sometimes weekends for different purposes.

It is valid at the weekend.

Looking at it further, it might have been an nNetwork child travelcard rather than just a Faresaver, meaning it was valid on the train (although god knows what would happen if you tried to put it through an automatic barrier; mine is printed on cartridge paper and was pressed out of a letter).

No, it was not valid at weekends. I remembering I had same card as him, on back of the card it has terms of conditions printed on it, specifically said it wasn't to be used on weekends and it had to be used only on weekdays for traveling to school and back only.

When RPI rejected it, he took the card out and showed the back of card to person and saying "Here where it says you can't use it on weekends".
I think I have this card lying somewhere, I'll try to find it.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

A question slightly unrelated to the thread: What does the "58" on the pass mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.