• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is this travelling short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllWork

I am travelling from Aberystwyth to Cardiff and then back via Wrexham in a few weeks time. I was wondering if I could purchase an AYW -> CDF return and also a SHR -> WRX return and then travel back on the 0721 from Cardiff all the way to Wrexham then back Wrexham->Shrews->Aberystwyth).

Am I likely to encounter any problems on the 0721? I will be using two tickets to split the journey but will this be viewed as travelling short on the return CDF -> AYW ticket (even though I am actually returning to Aberystwyth)?

Thanks for any help

AllWork

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
Am I likely to encounter any problems on the 0721?
No. Your £55.40 (or Railcard £36.55) Off-Peak Return Aberystwyth - Cardiff has Validity Code 8A. This allows break of the return leg of the journey, which is what you would be doing at Shrewsbury in order to travel to and from Wrexham on a different ticket, resuming the return leg of your journey to Aberystwyth later.

Status
Not open for further replies.