• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is Virgin Trains being nice to Milton Keynes passengers? (first class catering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Line Rover

Established Member
For the past few weeks I have noticed that Virgin, on both Pendolino and Voyager services (but so far I have only noticed this on evening services), has been serving the first class catering offer well in advance of Milton Keynes. Not just tea/biscuits, but the full works: salads, sandwiches, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, chocolates, etc. For season ticket holders paying only £16/journey, that's not bad!

Are any Milton Keynes commuters able to say whether you have experienced this service, and if you have, whether it is offered regularly, at various times of day, and on southbound services? I tend to avoid services which call at Milton Keynes so cannot comment accurately.

I welcome any decision to offer the full first class catering offer to, at least, northbound Milton Keynes passengers, because it is a common gripe among other first class passengers that nothing of substance is served until after Milton Keynes on services which call there (which is not ideal if alighting at, for example, Coventry).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
Ive no experience of this myself, but from the perspective of the catering crew, it would be a logistical nightmare to only try to provide full catering service upon departure from Milton Keynes. Most northbound VT services I would imagine then have less than an hour until the next stop (and in the case of Coventry,Rugby & Stafford, less than that).

As I recall, when Virgin first introduced the at seat catering offer in first class, it was also provided for those travelling between Euston and MK Central, and was cut back to offering essentially just a drinks service.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
well they certainly don't come round with the free butties and brews in cattle class. I would be happy with a complimentary seat! ;)

I know a few people with first class seasons so will make some enquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.