• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ISIL and general Islamic matters in Europe, Syria, Iraq and North Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnuk123

Established Member
More atrocities, not a good time to be a Christian at the moment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ening-new-propaganda-video.html#ixzz3XmCTdQFw

A shocking new video appearing to show at least 30 Christians being beheaded and shot by ISIS in Libya has been released.
The 29-minute video, titled 'Until It Came To Them - Clear Evidence', shows dozens of militants holding two separate groups captive, thought to be in the south and the west of the country.
At least 16 men, described by Islamic State as the 'followers of the cross from the enemy Ethiopian Church', are lined up and shot in a desert area while 12 others are filmed being forced to walk down a beach before being beheaded.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheKnightWho

Established Member
Or Sunni, a Shia, or literally anyone who isn't part of ISIS. But don't let that stop the Daily Mail victimising itself again or anything.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/02/fears-of-renewed-atrocities-in-iraqs-sunni-triangle

But the rush to punish Isis, enthusiastically egged on by the US and Britain, poses new risks for vulnerable Sunnis living in an area that was notoriously violent during the American occupation – the Sunni triangle, extending west from Baghdad to Ramadi and north to Tikrit.

Last edited:

Johnuk123

Established Member
http://news.sky.com/story/1483939/hundreds-who-travelled-to-syria-back-in-uk

Hundreds' Who Travelled To Syria Back In UK.

New figures reveal that suspected terrorists are being arrested in Britain at a rate of almost one every day.
More than 700 potential terror suspects have travelled to Syria and hundreds have returned to the UK, according to Scotland Yard.Around 350 of the people of "significant concern" who visited the country are thought to have come back and police are arresting nearly one suspect every day.
Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, who is in charge of police counter-terrorism efforts nationally, said more than half of the arrests were related to Syria.."They are not aid workers or visiting relatives - they are people of real concern that they are getting involved in fighting or are supportive of it. They are potential terrorist suspects."

I imagine if the police believe about 700 have gone the number is probably higher because of the ones who weren't on the radar.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
http://news.sky.com/story/1483939/hundreds-who-travelled-to-syria-back-in-uk

I imagine if the police believe about 700 have gone the number is probably higher because of the ones who weren't on the radar.

I still cannot follow the reasoning of those who have left Britain to join ISIL and now wish to return as that organisation offered them the change of spending the remainder of their lives under the specific type of Wahaabist Islam rather than their life in the country of Britain.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I believe for quite few of them it's because reality did not meet their expectations. Also consider many that are going are young and most likely naive and have been groomed by ISIS followers on social media to come out and join the cause.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I believe for quite few of them it's because reality did not meet their expectations. Also consider many that are going are young and most likely naive and have been groomed by ISIS followers on social media to come out and join the cause.

Are there now to be proposed Government monitoring of such ISIL social media use of grooming...or am I confusing this with something similar?

Johnuk123

Established Member
http://uk.businessinsider.com/afp-is-leader-urges-muslims-to-move-to-caliphate-recording-2015-5?r=US

The leader of the Islamic State group Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Thursday urged Muslims to emigrate to his self-proclaimed "caliphate", in the jihadist supremo's first audio recording in six months.
"And we call upon every Muslim in every place to perform hijrah (emigration) to the Islamic State or fight in his land wherever that may be," he said."O Muslims, Islam was never for a day the religion of peace. Islam is the religion of war," he said, calling for mass mobilisation on the battlefield.

It will be interesting to see how many UK muslims will emigrate like he demands, I doubt it will be more than a few thousand as most know they're far better off here.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
There has been a setback for the government forces in Iraq, as ISIL fighters have captured the main government building in Ramadi, the capital of Anwar province which is situated to the west of the capital city. At least 50 of the government security forces in the area of that building are said to have been seized, but no further news as yet to their fate.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
http://uk.businessinsider.com/afp-is-leader-urges-muslims-to-move-to-caliphate-recording-2015-5?r=US

It will be interesting to see how many UK muslims will emigrate like he demands, I doubt it will be more than a few thousand as most know they're far better off here.

Technically under Islamic law, when there is an official Caliphate, it is the duty of all Muslims to move there.

That said, the leader of a Caliphate should be appointed by the learned discourse in Mecca and Medina which is certainly not what has gone on here. So that might be a technicality there.

TheKnightWho

Established Member
Technically under Islamic law, when there is an official Caliphate, it is the duty of all Muslims to move there.

That said, the leader of a Caliphate should be appointed by the learned discourse in Mecca and Medina which is certainly not what has gone on here. So that might be a technicality there.

Plus it depends on what type of Muslim you are. To most Muslims this new "Caliphate" would not qualify.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Plus it depends on what type of Muslim you are. To most Muslims this new "Caliphate" would not qualify.

It is noticeable how quiet those Wahaabist theocrats in Saudi Arabia have been of late, since making their "timid pronouncement" some time ago, but then doing nothing to back this up with action.

Why has a fatwa not been issued by them against all who either run or fight for ISIL, Boko Haram or al Shabaab?

Last edited:

Jonny

Established Member
The title of this says it all:

[youtube]P3wwZDH_Ocw[/youtube]

HilversumNS

The title of this says it all:

[youtube]P3wwZDH_Ocw[/youtube]

I tend to take most American politician's opinions and facts with a pinch of salt. They always come across as fanatical on one side or the other with hardly anything in between (balanced.)

Ron Paul is very anti-intervention in Iraq. Some of his previous statements on other subjects could be regarded as racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic and conspiratorial.

HilversumNS

Out of interest do you have any examples of these?

Sure.

On the subject of the 1992 LA riots:
http://townhall.com/columnists/john...can_never_be_president_in_12_quotes/page/full
Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/ron-paul-to-speak-at-holo_b_3881363.html
Congressman Ron Paul, who is currently surfing a wave of mainstream media appearances due to his strong criticism of the push from the Obama Administration for U.S. military intervention in Syria, defended his planned September 11th, 2013 keynote address at a "gala dinner fundraiser" to be held during a controversial [also see 1, 2] conference organized by a fringe, schismatic Catholic organization accused of virulent anti-Semitism, the Fatima Center.

According to a new report, Ron Paul's association with Fatima Center leaders, including Fatima Center head Father Nicholas Gruner -- who has espoused Holocaust denial, traces back at least as far as 1998.

During the September 5th interview, MSNBC's Wagner confronted Paul with the fact that the Fatima Center has been called a "hard-core anti-Semite group" and has in the past published writing suggesting that Jews should be stripped of certain civil rights -- a suggestion also once made by one of the speakers

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member

Thank you.

I'm not sure how that last one implies he has said anything anti-Semitic (I'm typically quite sceptical of things from Huffington Post), it appears more to be association, and of course Mr. Paul's views may not reflect those allegedly espoused by the Fatima Center: he is of course a Baptist so I doubt he and the Center agree on an awful lot religiously. Doing a bit of further reading on the conference it appears 27 people were invited, all of whom shared an interest in war and atrocity overseas.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Today, we hear of the attempt to blow up a gas facility in France (with a beheading) and the massacre of British, German, Belgian and Tunisian holidaymakers in Tunisia. ISIL wasted no time in making a claim.

I wonder how many more of these atrocities will occur in the coming months.

St Rollox

Today, we hear of the attempt to blow up a gas facility in France (with a beheading) and the massacre of British, German, Belgian and Tunisian holidaymakers in Tunisia. ISIL wasted no time in making a claim.

I wonder how many more of these atrocities will occur in the coming months.

The only answer to this can must come from within the Islamic world itself.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

That particular call to the new "Caliphate" appears now to have been heeded by two extended family groups from Britain with age groups from the very old to the very young.

I wonder how many of the PIA airline passengers from Pakistan will now decide to travel to a different airport half-way in their journey than that of Manchester Airport

Johnuk123

Established Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...o-Syria-says-former-counter-terror-chief.html

Britain should lay on charter flights to take wannabe British jihadists to Syria so they don’t fester here, a former counter-terrorism police chief has suggested.
Bob Quick, a former Scotland Yard assistant commissioner, said it may be safer for Britain to help fanatics move to the war torn country and ban them from returning.

Good idea as I reckon you could fill a plane or two a day easily, won't happen of course although most people would think better for people who hate us to be abroad rather then here.
Of course with our sieve like borders they could just join the others coming in via the Med to Calais jump in a lorry and back in.
I understand the idea but unless we can make our borders even slightly secure there really isn't much point in it.

The family of 12 who it was said had been "tricked" into leaving have now got a statement up saying nothing could be further from the truth and how fantastic it is in the so-called Caliphate.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/588830/ISIS-terrorists-use-Luton-family-letter-lure-Britons-Syria-extremism?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-news-showbiz+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+News+%2F+Showbiz+Feed%29

The family claim that ISIS rule is free from the corruption and oppression of man made law and is governed by the Shariah.

"Why should this number be shocking, when there are thousands and thousands of Muslims from all corners of the world that are crossing over land and sea everyday to come to the Islamic State?

That are willingly leaving the so called freedom and democracy that was forced down our throat in the attempt to brainwash Muslims to forget about their powerful and glorious past and now present.
We say to those that are concerned for our safety to put your hearts at rest for we feel safer than we have ever felt before.

Don't be shocked when we say that none of us were forced against our will.

In fact it is outrageous to think that an entire family could be kidnapped and made to migrate like this.

It wasn't by the command of a single person in the family but by the command of the Khalifah of the Muslims.

The family called on more British Muslims to join them and make the journey over into ISIS-ruled territory.

We call all Muslims, to rush to the command of your khalif. Race to your state.

Race to what will give you honour in this life and the hereafter. Hasten to the obedience of Allah."

Last edited:
The British foreign office have advised that all British tourists currently in tunisia must return to the UK this weekend. Sadly, I am currently in djerba (a small island off tunisia) at the moment with my family on a 10 day holiday so we need to return to the UK this weekend.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The British foreign office have advised that all British tourists currently in tunisia must return to the UK this weekend. Sadly, I am currently in djerba (a small island off tunisia) at the moment with my family on a 10 day holiday so we need to return to the UK this weekend.

Our thoughts are with all of you at this most worrying of times.

Jonny

Established Member
It also seems that Turkey have got involved in attacking ISIS, the trouble is that they are going after the PKK as well.

See:

If the Turkish government goes for other parties, they risk strengthening ISIS. Even if their main aim is to get rid of the PKK, they are playing a very dangerous game by not getting rid of ISIS first. Now, they have the PKK at their throats...

As
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33738766 Turkey: Five dead in PKK attacks on police and railway
confirms, Turkey is now fighting on two fronts. Given that the PKK had stopped their terrorist activities until the Turkish government attacked them, it's hard to feel sorry for the Turkish government.

Status
Not open for further replies.