• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ISIL and general Islamic matters in Europe, Syria, Iraq and North Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnuk123

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
High educational achievers for 15 & 16 yeah which is somewhat limited when facing fully functionining adult recruiters for ISIS who would no doubt portray themselves as some sort of experienced and knowledgeable Islamic scholar .

Read my posting # 419, which makes reference to the "End Times" that any knowledgeable Islamic scholar would be fully aware of.

muz379

Established Member

Imagine what the punishment would be for making use of a bidet

Read my posting # 419, which makes reference to the "End Times" that any knowledgeable Islamic scholar would be fully aware of.

I read it earlier , I found it irrelevant . Obviously age is a factor in rationally forming a response to the belief that we are nearing judgement day .

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Obviously age is a factor in rationally forming a response to the belief that we are nearing judgement day .

Yes, I fear that we are drawing close to the end. The Sun almost disappeared for a short while here in Scotland today. Worrying times indeed.

muz379

Established Member
Yes, I fear that we are drawing close to the end. The Sun almost disappeared for a short while here in Scotland today. Worrying times indeed.

I didn't think you got much sun in Scotland anyway

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

Knowing of your connections to the Kingdom of Alba, I am surprised to hear that you chose that "newspaper" to use in your quote rather than that of "The Scotsman"...or even "The Daily Record"...:cry:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a point, having heard today of certain medically-trained staff who have entered in the ISIL controlled territory, I wonder why they are referred to as British Sudanese by the BBC. They were not studying in Britain, but in Khartoum.

They are Sudanese who have not studied medicine in Britain. My father, to the very best of my knowledge was never referred to as being a British Pole.

Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
Knowing of your connections to the Kingdom of Alba, I am surprised to hear that you chose that "newspaper" to use in your quote rather than that of "The Scotsman"...or even "The Daily Record"...:cry:--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a point, having heard today of certain medically-trained staff who have entered in the ISIL controlled territory, I wonder why they are referred to as British Sudanese by the BBC. They were not studying in Britain, but in Khartoum.

They are Sudanese who have not studied medicine in Britain. My father, to the very best of my knowledge was never referred to as being a British Pole.

Most people in Boness are functionally illiterate so the choice of publication is largely irrelevant. (cousins...et al ;))

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
ISIL have now commenced another northern area drive and have captured two more towns.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What on earth decided that extended group of Muslim family members from Rochdale to try to enter Syria, when the country of their origin already has their own faith as the faith of that particular country?

Johnuk123

Established Member
http://rt.com/news/250821-afghanistan-blast-jalalabad-victims/

At least 33 people have been killed and more than 100 injured in a series of explosions in the eastern Afghan city of Jalalabad, according to police and local media. ISIS has claimed responsibility.

This looks like another front opened up by this death cult, with a bit of luck the Taliban might decide to go up against them but unlikely.
Whatever happens the locals will be the ones who will be blown to bits.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm sure I read somewhere or other that ISIS and the Taliban were, whilst not the best of friends, not against each other.

Johnuk123

Established Member
I'm sure I read somewhere or other that ISIS and the Taliban were, whilst not the best of friends, not against each other.

I think that's right but if ISIL decide to spread into Afghanistan big style then the Taliban aren't going to take it lying down.

They've played a waiting game for years till the US/UK troops left they aren't going to be very happy if the new kid on the block rides into town and takes over.

muz379

Established Member
I think that's right but if ISIL decide to spread into Afghanistan big style then the Taliban aren't going to take it lying down.

They've played a waiting game for years till the US/UK troops left they aren't going to be very happy if the new kid on the block rides into town and takes over.

I think their aims are slightly different . The Taliban whilst being an evil and twisted group of Islamic extremists I think it knows its limitations and knows that a worldwide caliphate is never going to happen in a million years So it just tries to control an area it has a strong grip on with its twisted fundamentalist islam . Sure it tries to take over certain territories in pakistan from time to time but with nowhere near the force ISIS has taken over areas in syria and iraq .

Meanwhile ISIS is just mindlessly stupid and its members actually believe that a worldwide caliphate is going to happen . And they are prepared to die a gruesome death for it for they believe martyrdom is a noble thing .

Indeed I think if ISIS tried to muscle in on the afghan farmers producing the heroin that the Taliban relies on so heavily then the Taliban might have something to say about that .

I think the stalemate between them is more a case of checkmate where both sides know that any conflict between them would result in heavy casualties for no real gain given they both share the same Wahhabist ideology .

Last edited:

Johnuk123

Established Member
I think their aims are slightly different . The Taliban whilst being an evil and twisted group of Islamic extremists I think it knows its limitations and knows that a worldwide caliphate is never going to happen in a million years So it just tries to control an area it has a strong grip on with its twisted fundamentalist islam . Sure it tries to take over certain territories in pakistan from time to time but with nowhere near the force ISIS has taken over areas in syria and iraq .

Meanwhile ISIS is just mindlessly stupid and its members actually believe that a worldwide caliphate is going to happen . And they are prepared to die a gruesome death for it for they believe martyrdom is a noble thing .

Indeed I think if ISIS tried to muscle in on the afghan farmers producing the heroin that the Taliban relies on so heavily then the Taliban might have something to say about that .

I think the stalemate between them is more a case of checkmate where both sides know that any conflict between them would result in heavy casualties for no real gain .

I agree with all that, a turf war between the 2 factions would be excellent except of course for the poor innocent individuals caught in the cross-fire.

muz379

Established Member
I agree with all that, a turf war between the 2 factions would be excellent except of course for the poor innocent individuals caught in the cross-fire.

All im saying is between the two whoever wins gets to play isreal in the grand finale .

In all seriousness though , a turf war between the two would just widen the humanitarian crisis . It would in my view be even worse and more barbaric for innocents than the fighting between syrian forces and ISIS

Jonny

Established Member
Meanwhile, ISIS seem to be claiming credit for incidents outside of the levant - such as a recent incident in Afghanistan...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-suicide-bombing-that-killed-30-10186561.html

Isis in Afghanistan: Group claims responsibility for Jalalabad suicide bombing that killed 35

A motorcyclist laded with explosives rode into government and military employees queuing at a bank to collect their wages

Isis has claimed responsibility for a suicide bomb attack in Afghanistan that killed at least 35 people queuing to collect their wages and injured 100 more today.

The blast rocked the eastern city of Jalalabad on Saturday, reportedly killing children in the busy city street.

(article continues)

I'm not sure how much publicity it's getting, but it is a rather concerning development given that Boko Haram is now part of the caliphate as well.

Last edited:

TheKnightWho

Established Member
All im saying is between the two whoever wins gets to play isreal in the grand finale .

In all seriousness though , a turf war between the two would just widen the humanitarian crisis . It would in my view be even worse and more barbaric for innocents than the fighting between syrian forces and ISIS

This seems about right. I think the greatest failing of the west in the last 15 years has been attempting to fight the war on terror as a conventional war. The main priorities right now should be to actively work against promoting anything that might give ISIS/L further justification in its own eyes to undercut their core support and any potential further support, and to arm the groups that are being encroached on by the creeping expansion of ISIS/L territory: mainly the Kurds at the moment.

I'm not really one to support arming one group to fight another, as we've seen how that's generally turned out throughout history, but in this case the Kurds wiping out ISIS/L for good wouldn't really be such a bad thing. Indeed, it's probably a necessity.

muz379

Established Member
This seems about right. I think the greatest failing of the west in the last 15 years has been attempting to fight the war on terror as a conventional war. The main priorities right now should be to actively work against promoting anything that might give ISIS/L further justification in its own eyes to undercut their core support and any potential further support, and to arm the groups that are being encroached on by the creeping expansion of ISIS/L territory: mainly the Kurds at the moment.

I'm not really one to support arming one group to fight another, as we've seen how that's generally turned out throughout history, but in this case the Kurds wiping out ISIS/L for good wouldn't really be such a bad thing. Indeed, it's probably a necessity.

Whilst I think we should be arming the kurds I think we need to be careful in who we arm because I have heard some rumors that we (the west)armed certain groups earlier on in the civil war in syria and these groups are now fighting alongside/as part of ISIS .

Even if we did arm the kurds ISIS are going to know about this and are still going to use it as justification for fighting against the meddling west .

Johnuk123

Established Member
http://news.sky.com/story/1467973/missing-family-of-six-may-be-on-way-to-syria

Police are trying to trace a family of six from Slough in Berkshire who have gone missing and may be making their way to Syria.

Thames Valley officers are appealing for information to help find Asif Malik, 31, his 29-year-old partner Sara Kiran and their four children.

As it seems very likely that they've gone to Syria If these parents ever return then they should be charged with child abuse because taking little children into a war zone is exactly that.

Last edited:

TheKnightWho

Established Member
Whilst I think we should be arming the kurds I think we need to be careful in who we arm because I have heard some rumors that we (the west)armed certain groups earlier on in the civil war in syria and these groups are now fighting alongside/as part of ISIS .

Even if we did arm the kurds ISIS are going to know about this and are still going to use it as justification for fighting against the meddling west .

Which is why it's such a sticky issue. Washing our hands of it and doing nothing would be morally wrong also, too.

fowler9

Established Member
Which is why it's such a sticky issue. Washing our hands of it and doing nothing would be morally wrong also, too.

We have hardly done nothing. Didn't we draw up the borders to kick it all off? We have spent several decades arming the flavour of the month or getting rid of leaders we don't like as well. :D Black gold, a very sticky issue.

TheKnightWho

Established Member
We have hardly done nothing. Didn't we draw up the borders to kick it all off? We have spent several decades arming the flavour of the month or getting rid of leaders we don't like as well. :D Black gold, a very sticky issue.

Well of course, but I meant doing nothing from now on wouldn't just magically make the issue disappear, either.

fowler9

Established Member
Well of course, but I meant doing nothing from now on wouldn't just magically make the issue disappear, either.

Yeah I know but who do we arm or start bombing next? If we join in it will kick things off, if we don't it might do to.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
If all who leave Britain to espouse the Wahaabist Caliphate in all its full sense of meaning, accepting all that means with a true belief of the aims of ISIL, then there is no way that anyone who leaves Britain will ever return here to live under a system so utterly and totally abhorrent to them and their beliefs.

fowler9

Established Member
If all who leave Britain to espouse the Wahaabist Caliphate in all its full sense of meaning, accepting all that means with a true belief of the aims of ISIL, then there is no way that anyone who leaves Britain will ever return here to live under a system so utterly and totally abhorrent to them and their beliefs.

Yeah, and to show how we disagree with it we should probably stop buying oil from Saudi Arabia and selling them weapons. What do you think?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Yeah, and to show how we disagree with it we should probably stop buying oil from Saudi Arabia and selling them weapons. What do you think?

My posting made previously was solely concerning that who left this country, some recent cases involving family members, but was only made to discuss the point of view espoused by them.

Your posting above is not reflective of the point that I was endeavouring to make and concerns a totally differing matter of your stated view of how non ISIL believers should show their abhorrence of the Wahaabist tradition by means of two economic factors stated in your posting. That is a totally different matter and indeed, one that should invite posting responses upon from forum members wishing to do so.

fowler9

Established Member
My posting made previously was solely concerning that who left this country, some recent cases involving family members, but was only made to discuss the point of view espoused by them.

Your posting above is not reflective of the point that I was endeavouring to make and concerns a totally differing matter of your stated view of how non ISIL believers should show their abhorrence of the Wahaabist tradition by means of two economic factors stated in your posting. That is a totally different matter and indeed, one that should invite posting responses upon from forum members wishing to do so.

Apologies Paul. I was off topic there.

Yew

Established Member

Personally I think the reason these syrian malitias support isis is because ISIS helped them/is helping them agains assad, if we had supported these militias more, they would not have turned to ISIS for help.

Unfortunately, its hard to see if my theory is correct without a control universe to test it in.

fowler9

Established Member
Off Topic???

Britain helped create these nutters.
Seems a few on here don't like that mentioned.

Yeah I agree but technically the thread is about Iraq and Syria. I dragged up Saudi Arabia. Whilst I feel it is inter related some others may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.