• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Islamic Extremists vow to march through Wootton Bassett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Why don't we throw the news story in aswell...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8437658.stm

BBC News said:
An Islamic group said to have links to an extremist movement is planning to march through the Wiltshire town of Wootton Bassett.
The town has become famous for honouring British war dead returning from Afghanistan.
Islam4UK pledged the protest would be peaceful with symbolic coffins representing Muslim victims.
Wootton's former mayor Chris Wannell has called on the group's leader not to hold the march.

<...continues...>

mrcheek

Established Member
If this happens, then they should all be shot on sight.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Unfortunately this is a free country and that means that those with controversial viewpoints (no matter how unpopular) can air them. The freedoms we get extend to everybody even apply to these people. Its the same as the Westboro Baptist people who picket funerals, or the Neo Nazis who try to march into Leipzig (and every year meet an even larger protest of Anti Fascists coming the other way)

So much as I'd rather they didn't, I accept that they have the right to do this. If you want to organise a peaceful counter protest to head them off like the German antifascists then go for it.

Ferret

Established Member
Starrymark - who are you trying to kid?! A peaceful counterprotest?! You just know it won't be at all peaceful!!!! Frankly if the threat of a damn good kicking dissuades these Islamic nutters that maybe it isn't such a good idea then so much the better. I'm not holding my breath though, and I really feel sorry for the good people of that town, of which there are clearly many. They deserve so much better than seeing their town become a battleground:(

Teaboy1

I think the march would be banned under some police public (dis)order Act or other because it would play straight into the hands of the BNP and show up Labour's utter incompetence / mis-handling of immigration/UK border controls in the run up to the impending election.
Plus it would show the USA administration just what a liability the UK is in the fight against terrorism, case in hand is the ease with which UK produces disillusioned young men who become 'sleepers' and radicalised, etc, etc and attenpt to blow up Delta aircraft above Detriot??
I wont happen but bring that general election on...QUICKLY and lets kick (hopefully) this set of buffoons out! I really dont wish to live as we are now doing so, the lunatics are running the asylum.....hope normal service will be resumed soon!!:-x

Old Timer

Established Member
Why ban it ?

And who are the symbolic Muslim Coffins for ?

UK MUslims hardly represent nor care to express what many of the ordinary people of Iraq and Afghanistan feel about the UK troops, and it is somewhat arrogant of them to suggest they do.

I wonder if those coffins will represent the Muslims in both Countries killed by their own in the struggle by some to return those Countries to a medieval fifedom ruled by Ayatollahs, where human and equal rights, the liberty to protest and the freedom to hold alternative views or religious beliefs are subjugated to intolerance and bigotry and controlled by extreme violence.

We all saw what has happened in Iran, where free elections are fine as long as the population vote as the Ayatollahs want, and when they don't, well you just destroy the opposition votes and arrest the Opposition members on trumped up charges.

I think if they do march then it will say more for about them, particularly IF they are just ignored. Sadly the extreme Right will make a noise and you can be certain that the extreme Left will be there specifically to ferment trouble.

One just hopes that as they collect their weekly benefit cheques, that they actually think WHY they are here and who pays for that privilege, although I doubt that fact will figure highly.

devon_metro

Established Member
Presumably police will be powerless for the fear of appearing to be "racist"!!

They might dress this march up as being harmless however it is quite clear that it is a disgusting attack at the British forces and to all the brave people fighting to make the Middle Eastern region better. No doubt this will end up similar to where a precession honouring the dead through Luton was disrupted by some Islamic nutters.

One asks which side they would be fighting for...

thefab444

Established Member
I fully support the idea of this march, it's about time some recognition was given to the thousands of innocent civilians who have been killed in the Afghan and Iraq Wars. That said, a group with links to extremism definately isn't the right group to organise it.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Is this group for real, or are they the real life version of a troll on a web forum (ie. someone who posts something controversial to see the reaction and resulting arguments)?

I've just been on their website and it contains some very strange articles about what things like Trafalgar Square and Buck House would look like if we followed Sharia law.

Oswyntail

Established Member
I fully support the idea of this march, it's about time some recognition was given to the thousands of innocent civilians who have been killed in the Afghan and Iraq Wars. That said, a group with links to extremism definately isn't the right group to organise it.
Well said! And I would include those Afghani and Iraqi who are fighting because their country has been invaded. Not all those fighting "our boys" are dedicated to the spread of their version of Islam across the world.

43021HST

Established Member

I dont give a toss how many Irag and afghan civilians have been killed in the war, I,m more interested in our own civilians. This march is just a way of stamping on past soldiers graves and making the UK feel bad for the UK army killing innocent afghan and Iraq civiliians.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
What if it was the other way round? If thousands of our civilians had been killed by an invading force - would your opinion be the same?

Aictos

Established Member
Well I don't think it should be permitted on the grounds of public disorder as you know full well that this will no doubt stir up the BNP who will probably march against the Islamists resulting in trouble as there's no way the BNP would go for a peaceful protest, it's just not their style.

If anything, the police should give the bill for policing any such event to the organisers instead of the taxpayer picking up the bill.

As to their site, what a load of old tosh - if they really want to live like that why don't they move to Iran where they can fulfill their ideals all their life., oh yeah they won't as they won't get the benefits that UK Taxpayers pay out.

accrete786

Hi I am a Muslim and can tell you all that by far the vast majority of Muslims hate this group, they are publicity seeking fanatics. I ve just penned a letter to Paul Howlett (Chief of Police) to not give them permission to go ahead but if they do give them permission then also give permission to a counter march by Muslims to protest against this group and show our support for the troops. If these idiots want to march then London is the place to march where the plans for war are made not where our troops are bought home in coffins. Sadly the media always make this group out to have huge support, last time they marched in London the Express done an article stating tens of thousands will attend , in fact it turned out to be seventy in total. We have to show extremists of any guise that they are the minority and that they can never win. I suggest if they do get permission the people should line the streets with their union Jacks and as these idiots approach just turn their backs on them. Lets hope they dont get so far.

Saeed
Awakefoundation

royaloak

Established Member
today I will mostly be at home decorating
Excellent post Saeed, puts these idiots in their place and good luck with your counter-march although I fear that YOU may be stopped by the people in charge for fear of inciting violence, and these extremist idiots WILL be allowed to march.

Of course part of me says if they dont like it here then they know what they can do!

Established Member
It's interesting how many are doing exactly what they want; overreacting.

By doing so you give them more publicity, and make them more well known, which in turn means that some people who haven't heard of them before will be more likely to join. In some cases it can also give them the advantage of claiming that they are being discriminated against and it gives them more leverage against politicians who would rather not get the bad press from being accused of being racist.

It's a simple enough fact; you let it affect you, you let them win. End of.

Last edited:

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
It's interesting how many are doing exactly what they want; overreacting.

By doing so you give them more publicity, and make them more well known, which in turn means that some people who haven't heard of them before will be more likely to join. In some cases it can give them the advantage of claiming that they are being discriminated agains and it also gives them more leverage against politicians who would rather not get the bad press from being accused of being racist.

It's a simple enough fact; you let it affect you, you let them win. End of.

I would agree to a point.

thefab444

Established Member
I dont give a toss how many Irag and afghan civilians have been killed in the war, I,m more interested in our own civilians.

Our own civilians wouldn't be in danger if we hadn't sent our troops to invade foreign countries! Cause and effect dear boy, cause and effect. And as to your "not giving a toss", that's pretty indicative of today's society as a whole. The fact that we still think we can dictate to other countries (notably only those in the Middle East!) about how to run themselves, and think we are still a major player in world relations, just shows how conceited people are in this country.

Bighat

I fully support Islamic extremists demonstratiing in Wooton Basset.

My main concern is that it would be difficult to find enough coffins, hearses and Iraqi or Afghan flags to put them in.

Let them have the FULL experience!

p.s. for the bleeding hearts and lilly livered liberals on this forum, note that I said ISLAMIC extremists and NOT MUSLIMS, the vast majority of whom will abhor this piece of just like the rest of us!

Last edited:

TrainBrain185

I think the march would be banned under some police public (dis)order Act or other because it would play straight into the hands of the BNP and show up Labour's utter incompetence / mis-handling of immigration/UK border controls in the run up to the impending election.
Plus it would show the USA administration just what a liability the UK is in the fight against terrorism, case in hand is the ease with which UK produces disillusioned young men who become 'sleepers' and radicalised, etc, etc and attenpt to blow up Delta aircraft above Detriot??
I wont happen but bring that general election on...QUICKLY and lets kick (hopefully) this set of buffoons out! I really dont wish to live as we are now doing so, the lunatics are running the asylum.....hope normal service will be resumed soon!!:-x
Well said!! Some Americans I know say they are much more afraid of terrorist attacks from British based Radicals than those which may be active in Afghanistan, Pakistan etc etc. Says a lot huh? :oops:

GB

Established Member
If they want to march then let them...part of what sets or country aside from places such as Iran, Afganistan, Iraq etc etc is that we still have some degree of freedom of speach.

However if the march decends into something that resembles inciting hate then I would expect the authorites to take action.

Status
Not open for further replies.