• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Island Line - SWT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hi,

I've been wondering, I've noticed on the SWT maps on 450's, 444's ect that the Island line is 'another operator'? IIRC when I was on the Island line last year and the staff had SWT uniforms on and the guard was SWT, but is it now under its own operation? or has it been under stagecoach as another name but use SWT staff?

cheers,
James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The new franchise (which hasnt yet commenced) will include services currently operated by (Stagecoach) Island Line, but, until then, they're 2 separate TOCs, technically. It could be something similar like what Connex did (SouthCentral and SouthEastern), But sharing resources, although I know Island Line and SWT have 2 different MDs, for example.

T

Tom

They have generally shared staff to be honest - they will become amalgamated in April, when Island Line may become part of SWT....

Imagine a 38TS in Desiro Blue........... :o :o :o

Coxster

Established Member
Imagine a 38TS in Desiro Blue........... :o :o :o
With that said, what do you think the island's residents thought when they first heard their trains were going to be covered in cartoon dinosaurs? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.