• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Issues at Sheffield 07/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Earlier in the morning, I noted a points failure at sheffield.

Ok, I avoided Sheffield and everything fine.

Arrive at Stockport tonight and all the TPE's seem to be cancelled, plus the hourly MML to Nottingham is around half hour late and counting.

What's the situation, is this still the points failure ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The EMR to Nottingham is delayed due to being stuck behind other delayed trains.

TPE trains are frequently delayed or cancelled by 'train crew' issues which are mostly because they do not have sufficient cover for staff to be refamiliarised with their new trains.

In addition to the above issues, there is also a signal failure near Dore apparently.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Ah well, I'll be lucky to get anywhere after that lot !!

Will be interesting to see how many carriages the EMR is !

Trainfan2019

Judging by my experience on EMR today and from what I've read online on other routes, it seems extra carriages were non existent today.

pinkmarie80

Sheffield was absolute chaos mid morning. I changed there on my way to Doncaster and I went between about three platforms before I finally managed to get on a train!

Tracked

Established Member
Another problem in the Sheffield area then, last Saturday there was a points failure south of the station (as there always seems to be at this time of year when the first big freeze happens), Tuesday a points failure at Meadowhall, Wednesday engineering work overrunning at Dronfield, and now this yesterday ...

yorksrob

Veteran Member
It was certainly chaos at 19:00/20:00.

The EMR that turned up half an hour late, was four carriages, but was unsurprisingly ram-packed, given the circumstances.

I gave up and went back via Manchester.

at60

I was on the 1B88 1753 Manchester Airport to Cleethorpes from the airport last night. It was pretty rammed. Luckily got a seat, but lots didn’t. Reason given by the conductor was “cancellation of the previous service due to crewing issues”. By the time I got to Doncaster it was 30 mins late and I have never wanted to get off a train as much! To be fair, the train half emptied at Sheffield, but having travelled most of the day from Austria, it wasn’t the nice relaxing journey I was looking forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.