• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Itinery help for Goole on Saturday (21/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
I'd like to tick off the Goole line on Saturday by using the evening service in the Goole direction.

Outward: Wigan-Manchester-Leeds-Snaith-Hull
Return: Hull-Leeds/Sheffield-Manchester-Wigan

Can someone help me with an itinery from Wigan-Goole-Hull and return any permissable direction to Wigan for this Saturday?

I accept I will be back in Wigan fairly late unless there is something you have spotted.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
For the latter bit:

1716 LDS - GOO 1826
1838 GOO - HUL 1910
1959 HUL - LDS 2059
2109 LDS - MAN 2205
2236 MAN - WGW 2313 (or GST 2319)

I can't help with permitted routes - you'd be best asking the Fares folk that :)

Unless carrying on to a Hull is a necessity, going back to Leeds on the Parly would save you around an hour

Last edited:

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Changing at Brough rather than Hull would also save you an hour, getting back to Wigan Wallgate at 2201. (Changing Brough 1852-1901 and Leeds 1943-1953, Manchester Picc 2042-2120)

Last edited:

Gathursty

Established Member
For the latter bit:

1716 LDS - GOO 1826
1838 GOO - HUL 1910
1959 HUL - LDS 2059
2109 LDS - MAN 2205
2236 MAN - WGW 2313 (or GST 2319)

I can't help with permitted routes - you'd be best asking the Fares folk that :)

Unless carrying on to a Hull is a necessity, going back to Leeds on the Parly would save you around an hour

Ohhhh, I thought the parly was always ONE service in the morning Goole-Leeds and ONE service later in the day Leeds-Goole. I didn't know I could go straight back... :)

Kite159

Veteran Member
Expect to be on your own after Knottingley, and for it to be full and standing on departure from Leeds.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
It's normally cosy on leaving Leeds and seems to have a trickle getting off until Pontefract Monkhill where half the train seems to leave and then the rest at Knottingley. Just hope it isn't shortformed. When I did it, it was just 150205 in charge vice the booked 153+158, was full, standing and locked up at 1705 for a 1716 departure!

Crossover

Established Member
Ohhhh, I thought the parly was always ONE service in the morning Goole-Leeds and ONE service later in the day Leeds-Goole. I didn't know I could go straight back... :)

Nope, there is a full return in the evening - 18:49 from Goole to Leeds. When me and Starmill did it (last year or the year before, I forget) it was F&S and standing from Leeds but emptied out to a handful at Knottingley. Two girls were genuine passengers and another guy was station scratching - I think he bailed at Rawcliffe and we picked him up on the return. There were a couple of other "real" passengers on the return as well

We had a 144 - guard only used local door (one leaf of the rear door) at each station and allowed us to stick our head out at each one to get a photo along the platform :)

Status
Not open for further replies.