• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

It's big and yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil.

Established Member
...and it was in Pz this week.

Attachments

• Penzance 011.jpg
    Penzance 011.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 583
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
It relocated to Bristol afterwards, where it is keeping another of NR's creations company.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
What is that white thing above the middle window?

Also, even though she was built more or less the same as a 150, does it have the same controls at both ends?

Trainfan344

Established Member
that's going to make it awkward going through tunnels. Though more of a floodlight than a spot I reckon

I heard it has an automatic sensor which lowers it before heading through tunnels!

Philip Phlopp

Established Member
I was going to say "an illumination device" because I couldn't decide if I should call it a light or a lamp, but I figured that would be overcomplicating things.

They're Infra-Red lights, and are setup with an IR compatible camera on the front of the unit.

Phil.

Established Member
I was going to say "an illumination device" because I couldn't decide if I should call it a light or a lamp, but I figured that would be overcomplicating things.

As my paternal grandad used to say, "never use ten bob words when half crown ones will say the same thing".:D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A before a consonant sound; an before a vowel sound.

But of course this is English so their are bound to be exceptions.
I'm staying in an hotel.

Generally speaking though you're quite correct.

AndyNLondon

From my time doing am-dram stage teching:

The lamp is the bulb/tube/etc that is housed in a lantern (or luminaire if you're feeling fancy, or instrument if you're feeling American) and is the source of the light that shines out of the front (the stuff that the director will never be entirely happy with, the cast will complain is getting in their eyes, and the lighting director will want to make into ultimate violet at every opportunity :roll:)

Of course, the terminology (& outrageous stereotypes) in other industries may differ...

Status
Not open for further replies.