• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

It's getting colder :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Has anyone else noticed it's getting a lot colder, an interesting think I've noticed is we're almost in December :shock:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, my mum and dad are having to take out a second mortgage to get me on the bus :roll: as it's too cold to ride.

Ruddy First Bristol.

Nick

Coxster said:
Nick said:
Has anyone else noticed it's getting a lot colder
I think you'll find that is because it is Winter...

Yes. But it's not normally this cold around November smart backside.

T

Tom

[modnotice]Please do not try and steer off-topic, this was probably the reason why the post was removed.

Thanks.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It is not normally this chilly, I agree with Nick there. Absolutely freezing! When it's 0940 in the morning and it's as cold as it was this morning, it's not good. Just imagine what it'll be like through January to April, hard to spot, too cold!

On a related note, I nearly froze last night filming the top and tail 67 tour through Leeds. Was someone here on this tour waving from the right-hand-side on departure? If so, you saw me!

David

Established Member
It's not that cold. It's a balmy 3 degreea here :?

BTW Julian, what time was you at Leeds?

Simming

tubechallenger said:
Please do not try and steer off-topic, this was probably the reason why the post was removed.

Thanks.

It deffinatly was on topic, it was connecting behavour of women when the weather gets a tad nippy

Guinness

Established Member
Simming said:
tubechallenger said:
Please do not try and steer off-topic, this was probably the reason why the post was removed.

Thanks.

It deffinatly was on topic, it was connecting behavour of women when the weather gets a tad nippy

This is the Mess Room. Off-Topic is allowed.

Mess Room (Off-Topic) - Does exactly as it says on the tin.

evil_hippo

Mojo said:
Yeah, my mum and dad are having to take out a second mortgage to get me on the bus :roll: as it's too cold to ride.

Ruddy First Bristol.

Grand prix get me from school to home for 20p. :P

OTS

tubechallenger said:

Thanks.

So why was spm_43030's thread deleted then??
For those of you who didn't get to read it before it was removed, he announced his departure, but criticised certain aspects of the forum.
Presumably the mods here at RailUK couldn't take this and decided to remove it! :roll:

Gotta love democracy! :D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
OTS said:
So why was spm_43030's thread deleted then??
For those of you who didn't get to read it before it was removed, he announced his departure, but criticised certain aspects of the forum.
Presumably the mods here at FailUK couldn't take this and decided to remove it! :roll:

Gotta love democracy! :D
spm_43030 is not departing. He was unhappy at the way 2 people behaved in particular, I assured him that his concerns had been addressed, and I agreed with his concern. He is now satisfied and remaining on RailUK, I am happy to say.

If you have a problem with RailUK please do PM me. Why call us "FailUK"? if you don't want to be here, why post?

Also, since when did we claim to be a democracy? Is any internet forum a democracy?

Gareth Hale

Been above average here today, last week got down to -13C while today is 8C, but next week we will be back in the -'s again 8)

HURRAY FOR WINTER :D :D :D :D :D

Sprog

Established Member
Hello...erm, awkward moment....im not leaving

As yorkie said, i was abit p*ssed off at a few things, but weve now disgussed this and sorted it.

> So im staying..... unlucky for you lot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehe, sorry, didnt mean 2 cause any dispute... :oops:

Oh, and on-topic, its fecking freezing here!! :!:

Gonna be a cold one lads.....bring on the SNOW!! <D

OTS

yorkie said:
If you have a problem with RailUK please do PM me. Why call us "FailUK"? if you don't want to be here, why post?

Oops, apologies, typo! :oops:
Now amended! :D

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
evil_hippo said:

A week's Journeys on my bike cost me a fiver, now I'm paying £15 a week for the "honour" of being able to use First's naff bus "service."

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Harry Potter, I was in Leeds a lot yesterday, couldn't give 100% accurate times, as a lot was spent covering lines.

spm_43030, don't tempt fate, if we get snow, it'll end up coming heavily and we won't be able to get out on the network!

Nick

evil_hippo said:
Mojo said:

Ruddy First Bristol.

Yes....I'm still impressed with Arriva Buses :D
I ws running late at around 0800 Saturday morning on me way to Luff, so I'm frantically power walking to the bus stop and what do I hear behind me...the 99! I frantically wave my hands for the bus to stop (do this on NCT...driver shrugs and puts his foot down :roll:) but with Arriva the driver saw me nodded and stopped at the bus stop for me, this has certainly earned Arriva more brownie points with me.....thanks to Arriva and I'm happy to pay the extra 10p in the fare over NCT (since Arriva is quicker and punctuality is a lot better).

Plus the bus was dead nice and warm...awesome :D

Sprog

Established Member
FGWFan said:
.....spm_43030, don't tempt fate, if we get snow, it'll end up coming heavily and we won't be able to get out on the network!..

I want snow!! Think of all the potential for those lovelly snow shots!!

Not 2 mentiond the snowball fights and the sledging and the snowmen and the christmassy feeling!! :D :D :D

IM sure the Network can deal with a little snow...... :o

I hope... :? :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not with this cold weather...It's going to get worse still yet...

I dislike this especially cold weather as it's much harder to spot and keep warm. Snow is nice in photos, but to be honest until April it's going to be pretty cold, so I'll start sitting in warm waiting rooms more often, getting up when I need to for numbers (could still be difficult at a place like Leeds)! Me thinks my commuter mug will be used more often for taking coffee and hot chocolate with me on cold spotting trips!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
It was a pretty bad night last night, the Roofs of the coaches on the Night Diner had frozed by the time we reached Leicester on the first run, and the Ground Frame to operate the points at the Northern end was below freezing, luckily it hadnt frozen up entirely, as the night went on the mist gradually got worse until we couldnt sight the signals until we were 90 yards away, and what with slippery rails we were driving fairly slowly, all in all a 10 minute late arrival in Loughborough was pretty good for the conditions and the wheelslip that 78019 gave us. But with the Steam Heat and our Topcoats we were nice and toasty as we trundled through Rural Leicestershire through the mist.

Just a shame that Leicester North station isnt open, otherwise I could have a Hot Chocolate on the Up, and a Hot Chocolate on the down. <D

On the plus side, the Parafin Bardic Lamp I used gave me a little bit of heat which stopped my fingers freezing up!

jdjonnay

Cold? :shock: I was doing this in my summer leathers today:

dscf413116medium9gz.jpg

Lovely and warm, sunny too :lol:

You bunch of wimps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.