• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ivanhoe Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz2277

Hi - how can I find the trains to have used the Ivanhoe line recently? I gather it will be freight only but just interested to see what's been using it in the last few months. Is there any way via realtimetrains? I'm in Burton so what's the location i'm looking for for timings? I've never seen a train on it! Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Hi - how can I find the trains to have used the Ivanhoe line recently? I gather it will be freight only but just interested to see what's been using it in the last few months. Is there any way via realtimetrains? I'm in Burton so what's the location i'm looking for for timings? I've never seen a train on it! Cheers

Only for the last week.

Search for Moira West Jn for trains at the Burton end - eg this one with 66748 on Thursday.

6M83 1051 Tinsley Yard Gbrf to Bardon Hill Gbrf
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H78215/2020-05-21/detailed

This seems to have been the only one in from the western end this week.

The same can be done with Bagworth Jcn at the Leicester end where the trains to Bardon Hill and Cliffe Hill appear to be more numerous.

Last edited:

Class 170101

Established Member
I thought it was mentioned elsewhere that trains on this line were operating via the Leicester end only ith a signalbox at the north end switiched out due to Coronavirus and in an effort to save signalling staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.