• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I've had enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

I've really had enough of all this Microsoft is bad, crap. I really hate it when people try and push you to use something else because of there dis-liking of Microsoft.

To me, most "anti-microsofts" seem to imply that if a majority of people used Linux and Firefox, for example, we'd all be better off, well its simply not true! Why are Micrsoft's products prone to so many security attacks? Because the people making the viruses don't like MS, NO! Its because a majority of the world uses it. Why make a virus that affects 1 million people, when you can make one that affects 1 billion people?! If we all started using Linux and Firefox then, guess what, it would make NO difference! Viruses would be created for them and we'd be in the same position!

Also, I find it hard to believe that the creators of Linux and Firefox would miss out on cashing in if a billion people started to use it! They're human, like the rest off us, they have expenses and spend a lot of time on this FREE software, and I would be amazed if they continued to keep it free if a billion people used it!

What is the problem with Microsoft then? Is it jealousy that Bill Gates got there first? Is it because you need to blame something for you computer always going wrong? What is the problem?!

Try this, use a Microsoft OS with the basics, Windows Media Player, Windows Messenger, Outlook Express, Office and Internet Explorer. I have, my crappy PC runs better when I stick to the basics, but most people need more than the basics, so they add more stuff. Broadband software, games, photoshop, other media players, the list goes on! And thats where the problems begin! When I use Fireworks, Bve or Firefox, my Pc seems to be unable to restart/turn off a lot of the time, but use the basics, its fine!?

Now I ask in the politest of ways to SHUT UP! I've really had enough! YOU! Are you using a Microsoft OS or another MS product? I bet you are! Now, if you disagree with what I have said, then why are you still using Microsoft's products? Why? Because your probably a hypocrite!

So, the next time you want to moan to someone else about using Microsoft, stop, think and have a look around your own computer before you tell them what to do with theres!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Me wants to join in... :lol:

First of all, Firefox is free but recieves many, many donations as do many Linux developers. ;)

ChrisM

A bit like Marmite,love it or hate.
People just need to accept that we all have different views and opinions.

Jim

Established Member
ChrisM said:

LOVE IT :lol:

You have a very valid point London Tube, I use the freeware MSAntiSpyware, the speed it works out makes Norton look like a Win 3.11 program, so just put up with Microsoft, because most people will develop for it. ;)

T

Tom

trainlover123 said:
freeware MSAntiSpyware

Which is current only a BETA, when it releases out of BETA stages it will become payware.

Coxster

Established Member
Myself, I'm an MSIE guy and quite simply, the browser does what I need it to do and I've never had any problems with it. I can't see the need for people to tell me to change.

Bighat

ChrisM said:

Opinions are like a**eholes, everyone has one! :roll: :roll: :roll:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I accept your view, and I'm not anti-MS products, I'm just against the high prices they charge (but they're not the only ones), but everyone is entitled to their views and people just have to accept that.

I do believe that open source is the best way forward though.

Dave A

They're my feelings to. MS are over-priced and open-source is the way forward. I just hate it when people constantly say things like "thats because your using Microsoft" and "its a problem with microsoft" when things go wrong with a computer, no matter what the source of the problem is!

Tom B

Established Member
See my response at DD's forum too.

A helluvelot of problems *are* due to M$ though. Why is it that OpenOffice exponentially more on my Windoze machine than Linux?

For MSIE etc. - it looks like it does what you want from it perfectly fine. However MSIE security is like swiss cheese.

Opensource developers develop for the good of the computing population. M$ develop to line Gates' pockets.

Guinness

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
trainlover123 said:
freeware MSAntiSpyware

Which is current only a BETA, when it releases out of BETA stages it will become payware.

That doesn't actually remove the big boy viruses. Lavasoft or Spyware Search and Destroy (Both Free) remove them fine though.

Search for "Best anti-spyware" or something similar on Google.

Tom B

Established Member
I tried MS Anti Spyware - ahem. Ad Aware picked up 10x the stuff it did.

jd

The point is, the latest version of Office costs £360. That's completely extortionate!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
jd said:
The point is, the latest version of Office costs £360. That's completely extortionate!
It is, but that's the business price. You can get the whole of office for a very cheap price if you're a student you know :P

Z12XE

Even then the cost is still too much when you can get OpenOffice for £0 and it does exactly the same

Tom B

Established Member
If you want Access though you have to buy the full edition. Don't they realise that many students need to use Access in connection with their work?

(rephrase: want > require)

Status
Not open for further replies.