• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I've passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have passed my first year of university and I can continue into year 2 :smile: My course was computer science at Aston Uni in Birmingham

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Very nice, well done :)
I'm thinking of going to Aston, to study Transport Management or Transport Planning, it looks a nice place :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
James 66526 said:
Birmingham... a nice place? I've heard it all now! Lol.

lol. It's not very nice in terms of the areas, though there are some parts of Solihull (not Birmingham I know) that are lovely, and it feels like you're in some kind of village!
But the Uni, that *Is* nice.
AlexS said:
saaame. was at t'open day last week

As was I :toothy7:
[EDIT]
Oh yeah and I forgot to add, it's lovely around the Canal basin area, Brindleyplace and the back of The Mailbox, as well as walking along one of the many canals (had a lovely walk from Bournville Stn to the Centre the other day, pics here http://mojo29.fotopic.net/c964825.html.) Also seems ok around by the NIA, Symphony Hall area, by the wheel.

H

HR2

Mojo said:
Very nice, well done :)
I'm thinking of going to Aston, to study Transport Management or Transport Planning, it looks a nice place :)

Aston? Nice? Well bang my old boots with a kipper!! I thought Aston was a first class dump from what I hear and people want to get OUT of the place not go INTO it?

Lewisham2221

Established Member
HR2 said:
Aston? Nice? Well bang my old boots with a kipper!! I thought Aston was a first class dump from what I hear and people want to get OUT of the place not go INTO it?
I think the Uni is slightly closer to the City Centre rather than in the middle of Aston itself, thereby being in a not too bad area. Am open to corrections though!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, it took us 5 mins to walk from Moor Street station.
They seem to like to make a point of the fact they're not in Aston, by saying on their "how to get here" thing I got
"DO NOT follow signs to Aston, we are located in Birmingham City Centre, NOT Aston"
"Don't take the train to Aston, we are located close to Moor Street, New Street and Snow Hill stations"

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Mojo said:
Yeah, it took us 5 mins to walk from Moor Street station.
They seem to like to make a point of the fact they're not in Aston, by saying on their "how to get here" thing I got
"DO NOT follow signs to Aston, we are located in Birmingham City Centre, NOT Aston"
"Don't take the train to Aston, we are located close to Moor Street, New Street and Snow Hill stations"
Probably because, with Aston's (the area) reputation, nobody would want to go there! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.