Ivo Andri - Budapest <=> Belgrade - power points?

Discussion in 'International Transport' started by dancan, 4 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancan

dancan Member

How about this for esoteric: does anyone know if the Ivo Andri train between Budapest and Belgrade has at-seat power points in 1st class? I'm doing the return journey in a week or so, and could do with knowing if I'll be able to work on the laptop, or whether a I'll be better off with a book and the view.

Thanks

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. A60K

A60K Established Member

I don't know, as it's around four years since I last used that route, but my hunch would be no power.

4. dancan

dancan Member

I can now answer my own question, have just got off the service. The seating is in compartments, and does have power points: they're on the bulkhead beside each window seat, and usually hidden by the curtain :)

Looks like it's work for me on Thursday, in that case – the book will have to wait ... :roll:

5. A60K

A60K Established Member

Interesting, thanks for the report! Are they MAV or ex-JZ coaches?

6. dancan

dancan Member

MAV - just two carriages on that train that make it all the way from Budapest to Belgrade (the train splits somewhere with—I think—two others going—I think—to Zagreb).

Have to say, that train goes so slowly, especially through northern Serbia – I'm sure it was rolling along at around 30mph across the plain. Not the most interesting journey I've ever had ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.