• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jacobite at Glenfinnan Viaduct tomorrow (24/7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

96tommy

I am heading to Glenfinaan Viaduct tomorrow (24/7/12) and wondered if anybody could tell me the Jacobite timings for the train passing over the viaduct?

Thank You

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EltonRoad

Arrives Glenfinnan 1054 (and don't forget there's an afternoon train as well at 1518). It will cross the viaduct a few mins before this. Timings here.

Are you aiming for a photograph or just to view it? Most people seem to form a gallery at the edge of the visitor centre car park but for a better view I recommend walking under the viaduct then immediately up the hill to your left so that you're looking down onto the oncoming train. Parking is free in the other (slightly concealed) car park - drive past the main visitor centre, over the river bridge, then it's immediately on your right. Then walk down that path to get under the viaduct.

The other good viewpoint is up behind the visitor centre - simply follow the footpath up the hill next to the entrance to the visitor centre.

Photo below - I got to the viewpoint in about 40 minutes from Fort William never having done it before so it is possible!

Attachments

• RH_007.jpg
    RH_007.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.