• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jacobite, Fort William to Mallaig programme on Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike57

Established Member
Currently watching a 2hr program on Quest +1 showing various views of and from the Jacobite as it makes it way from Fort William to Mallaig including footplate views. No commentary or music, different but riveting missed first 1hr will try and see if its repeated. (And so far no ads)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djpontrack

I watched that yesterday too. It brought back a lot of memories as I was born in Fort William and went on the first steam special to Mallaig when BR reintroduced it in the early 80’s.

TrafficEng

This is being repeated tonight on Channel 5 at 20.00 / Channel 5+1 at 21.00.

Thanks, I will look out for it. I did the route as a young teenager (not by steam though) and crossing Glenfinnan was one of the things (as well as the locks at Banavie) that sparked my interest in Civil Engineering.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
They're actually different films!

Are they? It looked the same to me? I saw a bit of it on Quest last week, and most of it on Channel 5 this week, and it seemed to be the same?

Maybe different edits created from the same original filming???

pscotty

Are they? It looked the same to me? I saw a bit of it on Quest last week, and most of it on Channel 5 this week, and it seemed to be the same?

Maybe different edits created from the same original filming???

They're definitely different.

The C5 version has aerial shots, maps, more captions (naming mountains and lochs) and voice-overs from the train crew. The Quest version has more film of the passengers. I compared the departures from Glenfinnan - on one film the fireman had a hi-viz jacket on, and on the other he didn't. The cloud formations also differ! So I think they must be different runs - maybe both runs were filmed on one day?

I enjoyed them both! Time to start planning another trip north of the border!

Status
Not open for further replies.