• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jacobite Train Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
I'm due to travel on the Jacobite from Fort Bill to Mallaig on Saturday and note I've not received my tickets in the post, but I have received an email which is sort of a ticket.

Does the email suffice as a ticket, and if so, do WCRC do souvenir physical tickets?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hooverboy

On Moderation
I'm due to travel on the Jacobite from Fort Bill to Mallaig on Saturday and note I've not received my tickets in the post, but I have received an email which is sort of a ticket.

Does the email suffice as a ticket, and if so, do WCRC do souvenir physical tickets?

Thanks in advance :)
yes, if it has a QR code. print off and take with you. the conductor will scan it.

_toommm_

Established Member
yes, if it has a QR code. print off and take with you. the conductor will scan it.

I've only had two emails, one that says it's an online seat booking, the other that says it's an online seat booking receipt.

Chris999999

As you clearly can't do much for yourself, I have done it for you.

From WCRC FAQs:
Will my tickets be sent in the post?
You will receive a confirmation of your online booking via email, this also acts as your ticket, so please make sure to print it out and bring it with you on your day of travel. If you think that you may not have received this or have lost it, please send us an email and we will send you a new one. Please check your junk/spam inbox e-mail folder if you have not received them as occasionally emails can be directed there by your e-mail service provider.

When booking by phone, if you provide an email address your booking confirmation will be emailed to you. If you do not have an email address please request that a copy be posted to you.

_toommm_

Established Member
As you clearly can't do much for yourself, I have done it for you.

From WCRC FAQs:
Will my tickets be sent in the post?
You will receive a confirmation of your online booking via email, this also acts as your ticket, so please make sure to print it out and bring it with you on your day of travel. If you think that you may not have received this or have lost it, please send us an email and we will send you a new one. Please check your junk/spam inbox e-mail folder if you have not received them as occasionally emails can be directed there by your e-mail service provider.

When booking by phone, if you provide an email address your booking confirmation will be emailed to you. If you do not have an email address please request that a copy be posted to you.

Yes I read that thank you. However it didn't specifically say on the email that it acts as a ticket, and as you know, booking emails aren't normally accepted for most trains so I wanted to double check, seen as I'm travelling a long way.

I do apologise I've asked such a painfully obvious question.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Yes I read that thank you. However it didn't specifically say on the email that it acts as a ticket, and as you know, booking emails aren't normally accepted for most trains so I wanted to double check, seen as I'm travelling a long way.
It doesn't say specifically?
You will receive a confirmation of your online booking via email, this also acts as your ticket,

Chris999999

I do apologise I've asked such a painfully obvious question.
Ignoring the rather silly PM you sent me, I struggle to understand what more you are asking for, or expecting. Contacting WCRC seems the only option left to you, though for some strange reason you seem reluctant to do this.

_toommm_

Established Member
Ignoring the rather silly PM you sent me, I struggle to understand what more you are asking for, or expecting. Contacting WCRC seems the only option left to you, though for some strange reason you seem reluctant to do this.

I'm far from reluctant to contact them, I was just asking for insight on the matter, but hey ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.