• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jago Hazzard

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Has anyone watched Jago Hazzards videos on YouTube? He’s been around a while and he’s very informative and very calming and melodic, he posts videos on local London history and railways, here’s one on the DLR and how it could have been a tram line

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Has anyone watched Jago Hazzards videos on YouTube? He’s been around a while and he’s very informative and very calming and melodic, he posts videos on local London history and railways, here’s one on the DLR and how it could have been a tram line

That is spooky - for some reason I discovered his videos less than about 60 mins ago and watched some of them. I therefore decided to do a search to see if anyone here had seen them and low and behold......

NorthKent1989

Established Member
That is spooky - for some reason I discovered his videos less than about 60 mins ago and watched some of them. I therefore decided to do a search to see if anyone here had seen them and low and behold......

Wow great minds! I feel he should be more well known he’s really informative and he likes the DLR a lot as well, I just watched his video on Covent Garden

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Another video on Post Office Thameslink Viaduct station :D

Funny how things go full circle in terms of City Thameslink and St. Paul’s stations being linked together

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yes, been watching them for a couple of months now. He has a very engaging style.

AM9

Veteran Member
Yes, I discovered his works one evening whilst clicking around on the smart TV before switching off. The videos are of good technical quality and we'll edited. Having had an interest in LT since childhood, I was familiar with many of the topics, but there are plenty of gems I've learnt from those you tube postings.
I wonder if the person behind them is an RUK subscriber. I'd be interested in discussing some aspects of LT matters.

Peter C

Established Member
I've been watching his videos for a while now and I can agree that they're brilliant. His style is perfect to keep you engaged and not get bored. His sense of humour is also brilliant.

-Peter :)

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Yes, I discovered his works one evening whilst clicking around on the smart TV before switching off. The videos are of good technical quality and we'll edited. Having had an interest in LT since childhood, I was familiar with many of the topics, but there are plenty of gems I've learnt from those you tube postings.
I wonder if the person behind them is an RUK subscriber. I'd be interested in discussing some aspects of LT matters.

Partly the reason why I started this thread, I too would love to chat with him about transportation in London.

Ashley Robot is another good channel too

I've been watching his videos for a while now and I can agree that they're brilliant. His style is perfect to keep you engaged and not get bored. His sense of humour is also brilliant.

-Peter :)

And so calming too, some you tubers can be guilty of being too loud and bombastic, Jago’s way is almost like chatting to a friend :)

Royston Vasey

Established Member
He's brilliant. One of my first lockdown discoveries. Wonderfully detailed and researched shorts about London and particularly "Tales from the Tube", witty and engaging, a phenomenal rate of output too, new content every couple of days. Always filmed in the location concerned as well rather than narrated over other people's images and video. Tremendous stuff

BluePenguin

On Moderation
I do enjoy watching his videos, they are very informative. I have definitely learnt a lot more history about the railways thanks to him. I do prefer to watch his videos at 1.5x speed though as he has a tendency to speak very very slowly almost as though reading a story to a young child. Other than that pretty decent stuff.

Peter C

Established Member
And so calming too, some you tubers can be guilty of being too loud and bombastic, Jago’s way is almost like chatting to a friend :)
Definitely. His channel has really grown in the past few months from a few hundred subscribers to over 80,000 when I last looked; quite something!

-Peter

NorthKent1989

Established Member
I do enjoy watching his videos, they are very informative. I have definitely learnt a lot more history about the railways thanks to him. I do prefer to watch his videos at 1.5x speed though as he has a tendency to speak very very slowly almost as though reading a story to a young child. Other than that pretty decent stuff.

I’m going to have to try that might sound funny.

But I think that adds to the charm of it :)

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Definitely. His channel has really grown in the past few months from a few hundred subscribers to over 80,000 when I last looked; quite something!

-Peter

Geoff Marshall could have a rival the fact we don’t see Jago makes it more mysterious

Peter C

Established Member
Geoff Marshall could have a rival the fact we don’t see Jago makes it more mysterious
He could, yes - although I think there's enough room for both of them, especially considering Geoff covers more of the modern stuff and focuses purely on railways whereas Jago showcases things he's interested in.

-Peter

NorthKent1989

Established Member
He could, yes - although I think there's enough room for both of them, especially considering Geoff covers more of the modern stuff and focuses purely on railways whereas Jago showcases things he's interested in.

-Peter

Let’s hope there’s a crossover episode, I’d like to see these two in a discussion about the tube/DLR/LO

AM9

Veteran Member

-Peter
And for better or worse, Geoff acts an occasional useful link between various commercial railway organisations, (e.g. TOCs, rolling stock manufacturers), and the Youtube watching public.

Peter C

Established Member
Let’s hope there’s a crossover episode, I’d like to see these two in a discussion about the tube/DLR/LO
That would be brilliant - they could do a whole thing covering the history of somewhere and the current-day location as well. Best of both worlds.

And for better or worse, Geoff acts an occasional useful link between various commercial railway organisations, (e.g. TOCs, rolling stock manufacturers), and the Youtube watching public.
He does, yes - I think that's a good thing but a lot of enthusiasts seem to think otherwise!

-Peter

AM9

Veteran Member
That would be brilliant - they could do a whole thing covering the history of somewhere and the current-day location as well. Best of both worlds.

He does, yes - I think that's a good thing but a lot of enthusiasts seem to think otherwise!

-Peter
I can understand some being irritated by his presentation style, but nobody is universally liked. I also think that there are many 'enthusiasts' who object to any who publically show an enthusiast interest to the 'normals'. They need to remove their craniums from their nether regions. 'Tis the same for extreme hobbyists in many fields.
Back OT; often Jago's videos often confirm much of what I as a Londoner have known for a long time. That doesn't invalidate the information, nor spoil the pleasure of watching it on video.

Peter C

Established Member
I can understand some being irritated by his presentation style, but nobody is universally liked. I also think that there are many 'enthusiasts' who object to any who publically show an enthusiast interest to the 'normals'.
Definitely - it's a shame but hey ho.
They need to remove their craniums from their nether regions.
That's a phrase I'll be sure to use in conversation - love it :D
'Tis the same for extreme hobbyists in many fields.
Back OT; often Jago's videos often confirm much of what I as a Londoner have known for a long time. That doesn't invalidate the information, nor spoil the pleasure of watching it on video.
I know some of the things he describes, but I'm in the same boat as you; his videos almost always cover odd little things I'd never have heard about otherwise.

-Peter

Trafalgar

Very good video.
I saw the old docks go, lived on commercial roads, and saw canery wharf being built and the D. L. R being built from Bank to canery wharf only but then it got bigger. I worked on London underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.