• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jarrow tankers and ecml postals

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwolf

Hey all. As a regular to Copmanthorpe (just south of York) I have noticed that the Jarrow to Immingham tanker train never appears. For years it has passed Colton Junction at around 1840 on a Wednesday. However for the last several weeks it hasn't shown. Does anyone know if it has been retimed or works on different days now?

Also I read in the Railway magazine that the ecml postals started running again in May but again, I haven't seen any. Has anyone got the timings for these too.

Any information is much appreciated and I send my thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Can't help with the tanks but the postal trains ran a couple of times a few weeks ago after which they stopped again; I do not know when (or even if) they will restart. When / if they do start up the times are likely to be late evening / overnight, departing around 22:45 from Willesden and 21:45 from Low Fell.

Rich_D3167

Today, 6D43 Jarrow to Lindsey Oil Refinery is running in it's normal path: Booked to pass Colton Junction at 18:41. Looking at the schedules from earlier this week, it has ran pretty much to time every day so far. On Saturdays (if it runs), it runs in a later path, passing Colton Jn at 20:15, & sometimes a similar path can be used on weekdays, but it's more in the minority of times when it does. Perhaps on those days when you didn't see it, it ran in that later path.

If your off to see it tonight, it passed Skelton Junction 8 minutes early, so should be back on time by Colton Jn. 60079's on the head of the train. :D

silverwolf

Thank you for that info. The tanks are rolling by as I type

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Freightmaster

Established Member
For years it has passed Colton Junction at around 1840 on a Wednesday...
The Jarrow tanks run daily, so I'm not sure why you have specifically mentioned
Wednesdays, or is that the only day you go out to look it...?

However for the last several weeks it hasn't shown. Does anyone know if it has been retimed or works on different days now
As for retiming - yes and no! ;)

It is still (nominally) booked to pass Colton at 18:40, but for the past
few months, it has been retimed to run later on certain days of the week,
but unfortunately, never the same days two weeks running, I'm afraid.

This week, for example, it is in the normal (18:40) path every day,
but last week saw it running in the later path on Tuesday, Wednesday
and Thursday and the 18:40 path Monday and Friday.

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.