• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jeremy Corbyn would consider women-only rail carriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thenorthern

Established Member
Why on earth would a male member of staff feel uncomfortable being somewhere where his duties legitimately take him? Aren't (most) hospital wards (supposed to be) segregated these days? Are male doctors, porters, nurses, cleaners etc etc banned from female-only wards? Do they have to stand outside the ward waiting for a woman to turn up?

No they are free to enter such places as part of their employment and they will be made aware by their employer of the fact when they were given the job. Plus in most cases if not all people of any gender can visit patients on gender segregated wards. For example if a relative of mine gave birth in a Hospital I could go and visit her in a Maternity Ward which by definition would naturally be gender segregated however if the same person was sitting in a Female Only part of a train and I was also traveling on the train as an ordinary passenger I would not be allowed to visit or join them in that part of the train.

With male TOC staff though how many of them knew that when they started their jobs that they would be required to enter Female only coaches as part of their work? Probably very few.

bnm

Established Member
For goodness sake, he hasn't dropped any plans, because he didn't have any. Don't folk read the news with a tiny pinch of discernment?

Not here.

RailUK Forums has a whole fleet of outrage buses fuelled and ready to go at a moments notice.

Jeremy Corbyn never suggested women only carriages would be a policy of his. Unlike Claire Perry of the Conservatives who says she stands by her suggestion made at conference despite performing a u-turn.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Well, if it's good enough for the rest of the media, it's good enough for here :lol:

I don't think there's anything more to be said on this subject now.

Status
Not open for further replies.