• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jims signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
Jims signature suggests he is not a happy bunny....

Really angry about this & that. Blame Voyagers amongst other things...

Whats a Voyager ever done to him?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
I havan't a clue what happened. I seem to remember on a trip a few months ago, getting injured by 1. Same happened Friday...

Sprog

Established Member
Dennis said:

One swore at me at Temple Meads...it called me a wank3r :cry: :x ;) :lol:

I think that maybe the voyagers keep closing their internal doors on random passengers for mild amusment and Jim got caught in the crossfire :shock: <D :lol: :lol:

Or maybe he got stcuk in the toilet like i did once :oops: :oops: ...bloody, Fecking stupid sliding doors <( :x

class 313

Established Member
ive been attacked by these dangours trains... i was getting out the carrige and the door shut on me :cry: it broke my finger and made 3 others bleed!... thats why i hate voys!!!!

richa2002

Established Member
And they go on needing zebra doors for the visually impaired. Oh dear.

Jim

Established Member
class 313 said:
ive been attacked by these dangours trains... i was getting out the carrige and the door shut on me :cry: it broke my finger and made 3 others bleed!... thats why i hate voys!!!!

Ouch.

I can't say that has happened.

The interior doors are causing me stress. I was hapily stood there when a women jolted back (the violant stop) & I was pushed back, & it ment I had trapped myself, it wouldn't open again until I got a hand to the open button :roll:

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said:
Jims signature suggests he is not a happy bunny....

Really angry about this & that. Blame Voyagers amongst other things...

Goin' on about your son's sig! I take it you are now sh*tting bricks again (hence the removal of your old sig ;)) :lol:

Dennis

Established Member
Just logs now :lol:

Whats brown and sticky?......a stick

Whats in the USS Enterprise's toilet?.....the captains log

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said:
Just logs now :lol:
Whats brown and sticky?......a stick
Whats in the USS Enterprise's toilet?.....the captains log
Are they Jim's? Sure sound like it ;)

Nick

class 313 said:

Well thats your own fault. The voyager doors sound a *beep beep beep* (required under the DDA) to warm you the doors are closingso you can't say you weren't warned and as such is no fault of the train, if it's anyones it's the train managers for closing the doors when it was safe to do and then you leap on/off when the door closing effect begins.... :roll:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
And you only broke one finger, if it had been a vehicle with a slam door, and it had been slammed rather vigorously, you would have had your fingers chopped off or your bones crushed, or potentially, both.

Still, at least there would have been a 5 second audiable warning.

T

Tom

Actually, the carriage end doors do not have an audible warning Nick, and I would presume this is where it was.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
class 313 said:
i was getting out the carrige and the door shut on me :cry: it broke my finger and made 3 others bleed!

It appears that he was disembarking onto the platform.

Tom B

Established Member
class 313 said:

Even though there was probarbly an announcement to "Stand clear of the doors", a large audible warning siren etc? Perhaps it chopped off the part of the brain responsible for SPAG too.

AlexS

Established Member
If it came to jumping off a train (say I'd been in the toilet being sick or similar) at a station when the doors are closing, or staying on for 40 miles until the next stop at Crewe, I'd take my chances with the doors and whatever delay etc would be caused.

Sprog

Established Member
AlexS said:
If it came to jumping off a train (say I'd been in the toilet being sick or similar) at a station when the doors are closing, or staying on for 40 miles until the next stop at Crewe, I'd take my chances with the doors and whatever delay etc would be caused.

Bit selfish isnt it :? :roll:

What happens when you get your leg trapped in the door: 1), youll cause many minutes of delays, inconveiniancing both your fellow passengers and and following trains etc, etc., 2) the Train/Station staff will proably get it 'in the neck' for not being vigilant enough or for not making sure all the doors are 'clear' and , 3) least importantly, because it would be your own stupid fault, youll cause yourself a great deal or personal injury and embarassment.

Actually, reflecting, that has to be one of the mosty selfish comments ive ever heard, second to an occasion where a woman was moaning about getting home on Bristol Parkway, after there had been a suicide further up the line at a bridge in Yate, nr. Westerligh Junction :x :x

Simming

The most selfish person is that tosser who throws himself infront of the train. If your going to top yourself, p!ss off somewhere out of everyone elses way, leave everyone who wants to live, to carry on!

Sprog

Established Member
Simming said:
The most selfish person is that tosser who throws himself infront of the train. If your going to top yourself, p!ss off somewhere out of everyone elses way, leave everyone who wants to live, to carry on!

Actually..i didnt think my example out very well..your right simmings.....maybe not so harshely though :( , after all, you you ever became suiciadal for any reason, would you like people to take that attitude towrds you. :(

The most selfish thing i have ever seen, is the scum bag who parks his car on a level crossing to kill himself........and takes a devoted driver and 6 innocent passengers with him. <( :x :x :x

R.I.P. Stan :cry:

Simming

If, IF, Big If, that ever happend to me, and I became suicidal, I know I wouldn't like it, but tough luck, everything has a solution, death aint one of them, thats the bloomin chickens way out.

AlexS

Established Member
It's human nature - rather than spend the night freezing my nuts off at Crewe station, I'd take my chances with the doors at Wolverhampton. I was thinking more along the lines of the last train of a night time kind of thing, especially on a Saturday night where you could be stuck on the station for 12 hours.

class 313

Established Member
Nick said:
class 313 said:

Well thats your own fault. The voyager doors sound a *beep beep beep* (required under the DDA) to warm you the doors are closingso you can't say you weren't warned and as such is no fault of the train, if it's anyones it's the train managers for closing the doors when it was safe to do and then you leap on/off when the door closing effect begins.... :roll:

atually there was no waring sound, voice or beeb.it just shut randomly on me, ive seen this happern before to people struggling out with suitcases, also the toilet unlocked when i was in the middle of a slash!... ive never had any trouble with the meridans :D

T

Tom

This happens on Desiros, they close for climate control... although they do the sound.

RJ

Established Member
Yep, Desiros and Electrostars close doors automatically if not used for a few seconds, but if you stick your arm or leg between them, they stop and open again. Virgin should really fit infrared lasers and lamps around doors of the Voyagers in order to prevent this happening. They don't even have sensors in the corridor connectors. I would say sue but I'm guessing you're not audibly impaired.

Jim

Established Member
joea1 said:
Yep, Desiros and Electrostars close doors automatically if not used for a few seconds, but if you stick your arm or leg between them, they stop and open again. Virgin should really fit infrared lasers and lamps around doors of the Voyagers in order to prevent this happening. They don't even have sensors in the corridor connectors. I would say sue but I'm guessing you're not audibly impaired.

This is NOT the case on voyagers though.

IIRC, on a star (whatever type) they close after 20 secs. The sensors ONLY SEEM to detect my feet, so I wouldn;t try it with an arm

TBH, the Voyager 'beeps' are NOT very loud AT ALL.

class 313

Established Member
joea1 said:

i like the 375's carigge door conector :D once you open one the other one opens for you :) but once i cam across a dodgey door, it open like normal, i walked in and it close behind me like normal untill the doors wouldnt open again!, I WAS STUCK BETWEEN CARIGGES! at the next stop wich i think was birchinton-on-sea southeastern called down a mechanic to get me out. thats the first time ive ever seen a 375 malfunction like that.

RJ

Established Member
Oh dear. On Desiros you can use a lever and pull the doors apart if they aren't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.