• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

JLE Stopping: You Decide

What should the stopping tolerances be set to?

• 0.5m/50cm

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 2m

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Have two routefiles; one for 0.5m/50cm and one for 2m

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I am not sure at the moment what the stopping tolerances at the Jubilee Line Extension stations (between Westminster and North Greenwich) should be. In real life the tolerances are 0.5m/50cm either side of the black line on the stop marker - if the driver over or under runs this, the PEDs will not be lined up and the doors will no open.

I ask you opinion on whether we should make the stopping tolerances 0.5m/50cm the route, which is extremely hard if not impossible to achieve, or whether we should be slightly more lenient and go for 2m either side of the black line in the route, which is still difficult, but easier to achieve.

Please vote in the poll. The poll will finish in 7 days, so after that, we will take the poll into consideration, and consult with eachother what tolerence to go with.

Thank you for your help.

Chris, Dan and Rich. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'd say use 2 route files- "easy" version which gives 2 metres on either side and a "standard" version wich gives 0.5 metres either side.

Oh, and how about a "very easy" version which uses the standard 5m tolerance? ;)

Met Driver

Established Member
My preference would be the real life tolerance, but if it's possible to offer a choice then that's probably the most sensible option?

devon_metro

Established Member
I'd do both. If it was 50cm then i would never complete the route file as i end up ending the route if i over-run by such a tiny amount.

Both is best ;)

Jordy

Established Member
Sorry, you misunderstood my post, I wasnt saying you shouldnt have said your opinion, I was more agreeing with it, but adding mine to the end - if you get what I mean...:confused:

Tom B

Established Member
I say two routefiles - no point scaring people off because it's too hard to stop, they could get used to one and then progress to the second.

The Snap

Established Member
It seems the majority of people agree. We will see how it goes though...;)

Ascot

Established Member
Both versions imo, it's hard in BVE to stop perfectly without looking out the side window without using a bit of guess and imagination.

chunx2005

Cant see the point of making two. Why not just make the stopping section bigger. (2m)
Easier for everyone and nothing is lost

Mintona

Established Member
Well yes, but some people might want to have a challenge, or if maybe training to be a Jubilee line driver they will need the smaller gap to be able to practise better....

Sturdjos

2 files :)

As Tom B says - people could practice with the 2m tolerance, and progress onto the realistic one as they feel able. :)

chunx2005

Well yes, but some people might want to have a challenge, or if maybe training to be a Jubilee line driver they will need the smaller gap to be able to practise better....

If they were that bothered then they could just try and do it without that any way.
There arent any drivers on the Jubilee line...

T

Tom

ATO should be on the whole line between 2008-2009... currently there are PAC loops installed so test trains can run in ATO between Canning Town and Bermondsey IIRC.

The Snap

Established Member
ATO should be on the whole line between 2008-2009... currently there are PAC loops installed so test trains can run in ATO between Canning Town and Bermondsey IIRC.

Cool! :D

Jim

Established Member
Both versions imo, it's hard in BVE to stop perfectly without looking out the side window without using a bit of guess and imagination.

IF the new cabview is anything to go by, no need to worry as 96 stock showed the left side cab window

The Snap

Established Member
IF the new cabview is anything to go by, no need to worry as 96 stock showed the left side cab window

Indeed most of the stop markers on the route are on the left, so can be seen from the left side window. The only exception is Westminster. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.