• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Job Centre Plus Travel Discount Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slough

I have a couple of questions perhaps you can answer ?

How do you add this to an oyster card for pay and go fares ?

When you buy a train ticket from a machine do you purchase a child ticket ? ( this gives the correct discount but your not a child )

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
You go to any Underground ticket office and ask for the discount to be loaded onto your Oyster Card.

I believe with the JCP discount card, you can only purchase tickets from a ticket office or on-board if boarding at an unstaffed station.

NathanPrior

Go to a newsagents, present them with your oyster and JCP photocard and ask them to add the card to the oyster.

And I think the JCP card as a Railcard is a completley different one from the Oyster one if I'm correct, so no, you can't buy a ticket and claim it.

island

Veteran Member
Go to a newsagents, present them with your oyster and JCP photocard and ask them to add the card to the oyster.

Perhaps a little cynical but I expect your response will be "don't know how to do that guv, you'll have to take it to a station".

bicbasher

Established Member
Perhaps a little cynical but I expect your response will be "don't know how to do that guv, you'll have to take it to a station".

It depends on the retailer, my local newsagent (Oyster Ticket Stop) won't add Oyster Photocard numbers to a card, but the one down the road will.

The last time I tried to add a Bus+Tram photocard at a tube station, the booking clerk claimed I hadn't had my name and address added to the card, despite the card being registered, he called his supervisor who then allowed him to add the number but asked me for my address.

Status
Not open for further replies.