jobs with 1st class priv?

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Cavan, 12 Sep 2017.

1. Cavan

Cavan Member

Just this really. What sort of level of rail jobs come with a 1st class priv card? I know in br jobs it was ms grades but what about it todays tocs?

2. pdeaves

pdeaves Member

Where I work, I think it's only equivalent to EG grades that get run-of-the-mill first class TOC passes (us mortals have a fixed quota of weekend first). For 'priv' (on other TOCs) it might just be protected staff who were already eligible.

3. The Planner

The Planner Established Member

At NR its protected staff only at Band 3 and above.

4. LowLevel

LowLevel Established Member

Our TOC gives all grades with 15 years service first class passes. Otherwise Group TOC only passes tend to be the level above junior manager and up with only protected senior grades having access to a fixed quota of silver and gold passes. I don't think blue regional passes have new issues now.

Naturally in my experience despite not permitting all staff travel facilities, executives and directors funnily enough seem to gain complimentary passes as they require from other TOCs.

5. Spankthemonkey

Spankthemonkey Member

Would imagine it will be irrelevent within a decade as the number of tocs removing/reducing first class seems to be increasing.

6. tiptoptaff

tiptoptaff Member

Doubt it will go from the major IC TOCs....

7. PudseyBearHST

PudseyBearHST Member

Thats rather generous and nice. Only ever got standard class all my life....:lol:

8. PudseyBearHST

PudseyBearHST Member

Do remember that some TOCs also have something called 'Standard +' which means that you get standard class all the time and first class off peak.

9. Worldwide

Worldwide Member

My partner works for Virgin Trains and they get free first class class travel at all times after 5 years service.

10. tsr

tsr Established Member

You are (if I remember correctly) round about university age, so I wouldn't worry, you've got time yet!

11. PudseyBearHST

PudseyBearHST Member

That's correct (it's on my profile information)! Unfortunately, that also means it will not be long before I lose my facilities because I can't be a dependent forever.