• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Journey Planner Sheffield Truro Saturday 6th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB10780

My daughter has an advance ticket booked for this journey on Cross Country Sheffield 0854, Exeter 1241 then GWR Exeter 1253 Truro 1525 on a train. This is still being offered on the booking engines despite there being Engineering works and a bus between Exeter and Plymouth. I only found this out by checking connection times. She will clearly be delayed and I wondered a few things. Would she qualify for delay repay? Would she have to travel on a GW bus? How come this journey is still being shown with no mention of a bus? Actually on National Rail planner it does say bus is involved but still gives the same journey arrival time which is not great.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Would she qualify for delay repay?
Has she already bought the ticket? If so, and she arrives more than 30 minutes after the time on her booking confirmation, then yes, of course.

As for the buses, an express bus from Tiverton Parkway to Plymouth will be offered - it is likely that XC will advise the use of this rather than the stopping bus from Exeter to Plymouth.

Most websites still seem to be showing trains even though this is in apparent conflict with the announced engineering work. This kind of thing is getting more and more common.

Romilly

Established Member
The C2C train company website is showing the buses (as is NRE). The options appear to be:

Sheffield dep 0854
Tiverton arr 1227
Exeter arr 1241

Bus: Tiverton 1328 - Plymouth 1448 (the Tiverton-Plymouth buses appear to be one per hour but the one before the 1328 is at 1212)
or Bus: Exeter 1255 - Plymouth 1440 (generally two buses per hour, although some hours one of the buses goes via Ivybridge and is super-slow)

Train: Plymouth 1501 - Truro 1623

JBuchananGB

It does appear that there is an express bus to Plymouth arriving 1400, but then wait for the 1501 train anyway. If the train is on time a 58 minute delay on the journey.

DaveB10780

Thanks for the information, very helpful and not too bad a journey considering. We bought it about 4 weeks ago, it showed the train then but in hindsight I should have realised that a bus would be involved due to the Exeter change. Still there were no other options since she needs to get back to Falmouth that weekend. Hopefully the train companies will be extra helpful and point her to the right options.

Status
Not open for further replies.