• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

joy54's rail shots has changed to Greenways Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joy54.gen

A few reasons really one being that I needed to get rid of joy54 out of the title of the site and other things motivated me to change the site.

Sprog

Established Member
hmm, i see...

...so it wasnt anything to do with this then...?

wnxx forums

37425 said:
A bit of advice please guys. I was just searching fotopic and have found that sombody is using one of my images as one of their own on their site amongst their own shots. Now you might say that we were at the same place at the same time, but the photo they use has a lens glare in the same place and the photo has been clearly cropped to remove my copyright tag.

Although I know this is wrong and its infringing my copyright there is no contact/message box on the site and their name is not shown, just an alias. I've left a comment for the photo asking what they think they are doing and asked for it to be removed but I doubt whether it will have an impact.

What should I do next?

37425 said:

50041 said:
Thanks 37425. I would welcome peoples' opinions if this looks too much like mine- I suspect they have also nicked one off of my fotopic site as well <( <D

37425 can you PM me with their email address please for me to give them a piece of my mind if it is the case they have swiped the fot.

My fot:

http://www.class50s.fotopic.net/p23506858.html

Their fot:

http://joy54railshots.fotopic.net/p23736007.html

Look at the position of the drivers in the cab - far too similar?

50041 said:
I've just remembered that I Photoshopped the shot to get rid of the streetlights above the loco so it certainly is.

I've asked Fotopic to investigate and they say that it is certainly the same shot (all my camera settings on the fot). I've asked them to deal with the person accordingly due to their potential breach under Item 24 of their Terms of Service. <( <(

Some people really are pathetic - the irony being that if they'd actually asked me I would have gladly given them a copy to post. :x

I would recommend others to have a look for 'their' pictures on this site.

50041 said:
News Update:

The Fotopic user whose site was at

http://joy54railshots.fotopic.net/

has now been banned.

50041 said:
I guess you are 37425, although I think that fact that there were TWO separate complaints from TWO premium users in a space of 12 hours prompted the Fotopic team into action.

Personally I went on the IRC channel and got one of the support team to check my picture and confirm that it was identical. Within 10 minutes I was contacted by Joel (head honcho) who suggested I sent an email to the abuse@ address and within a further 5 minutes I got a reply from him saying that the user was banned.

Now THAT is what I call a proper support service.

(Well spotted tho' - I would probably have never even found the stolen duplicate myself)

Ring any bells Joy? :?:

Could this possibly be the other reasons.. :roll: ...

i think you have abit of explaining to do chap......... :!:

(i wouldve linked directly to the thread, but wnxx is members only forum)

joy54.gen

That was what motivated me, When arriving back off they Rhymney gala and uploading pictures my camera malfuncationed when uploading some of the images, this resulting in quite a few of my pictures being deleted. I made the mistake of taking somebody else's pictures without permission which were similar to mine to complete my collection. I took the offending photos off when I realised that the people had found them and were displeased. I took the wrong approach of if they don't know it won't hurt them. I realise what I have done and saw on WNXX myself how upset these people were.

Sprog

Established Member
joy54.gen said:
That was what motivated me, When arriving back off they Rhymney gala and uploading pictures my camera malfuncationed when uploading some of the images, this resulting in quite a few of my pictures being deleted. I made the mistake of taking somebody else's pictures without permission which were similar to mine to complete my collection. I took the offending photos off when I realised that the people had found them and were displeased. I took the wrong approach of if they don't know it won't hurt them. I realise what I have done and saw on WNXX myself how upset these people were.

hmmm, ok, well done for comming clean! :idea:

Youll note this: "the irony being that if they'd actually asked me I would have gladly given them a copy to post"

Take that advice :!: :)

That was what motivated me, When arriving back off they Rhymney gala and uploading pictures my camera malfuncationed when uploading some of the images, this resulting in quite a few of my pictures being deleted.
Sorry to hear that, its happened to me before but I just accepted it.

I made the mistake of taking somebody else's pictures without permission which were similar to mine to complete my collection.
Good, you realise it was a mistake.

I took the offending photos off when I realised that the people had found them and were displeased. I took the wrong approach of if they don't know it won't hurt them.
So what your saying is if I hadn't found the photos they'd still be there and its only because you got caught that you took them off.

I realise what I have done and saw on WNXX myself how upset these people were.
Lets hope thats the end of it then, although I don't remember myself or the others even having any kind of apology for this. A more awkward person could have taken it further, consider yourself fortunate and lets make that the end of the matter ;)

joy54.gen: Since it's the season of goodwill and all that, if you PM me then I'll gladly email you a proper hi-res version of the picture that you borrowed the other day. :)

Jim

Established Member
It doesn't hurt to ask Mr. 54, but it does to take. Learn that & you will get through life with flying colours :P

Status
Not open for further replies.