• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubilee Line Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
There hasn't been much said over the past six months on the Jubilee Line, however there has been lots of interest across the forums, asking "How is it going?", "When will it be ready?" etc. I am now pleased to say that I started work on the route again a couple of weeks ago, and the line has progressed significantly. Chris is trying to get back to work with it, as soon as his PC decides it wants to make BVE work properly again. :razz: :lol:

A major area of work has been Canary Wharf Junction, which was hardly included in the original route by David Coleman some years ago. I have managed to code the area successfully, included the very sharp crossover, and incorporating the small walkway linking the junction and platform at Canary Wharf.

Many thanks to Chris who has built a lot of the new objects used in the route. I have, however, been retexturing a lot of the older objects, and modifying them quite significantly, to make them more realistic.

I have updated the Jubilee Line page on the website with some brand new screenshots of the route so far. Click here to see the latest updates.

Cheers, and keep your eyes peeled for more updates soon. :)

PS: There is an LT1996 stock being made at the moment (the author of which will remain anonymous), so hopefully the line and tin can be released in conjunction with eachother. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
Can't wait Rich! Got a feeling this may just be the hardest route yet, what with the platform doors as well, must have to stop within 1 metre or something!

Coxster

Established Member
Can't wait Rich! Got a feeling this may just be the hardest route yet, what with the platform doors as well, must have to stop within 1 metre or something!
If you stopped one metre out of position most of each set of doors wouldn't be lined up!

The Snap

Established Member
The current overrun/underrun at reach station is set to 2m at the moment, as stopping within the 50cm either side of the balck line like in real life is very, very difficult in BVE. However, we will decide later whether to keep it at 2m, or reduce it to 0.5m (50cm, like in real life!) ;)

LondonBVE

Actually I drove before the old Jubilee Line. Most of my stopping point is either
0 +/- m, 0.1 underrun, 0.1 overrrun to 0.2 overrrun/underrun.
That is what i get for the first try of the Jubilee Line. Somehow lucky then i try on another station, it works. So Bring it on make it as realistic as possible.:D 8-)

Alstom1995

Not very many, the 1995 is wider then the 1996, the 1995 makes a screeching noise due to the motors using an IGBT package. The 1996 uses a GTO thyrister giving it that gear change sound we are all familiar with. The cabs of both trains vary as well. An even obvious difference between the 1995 and 6 is, now that the 1996 has been given 7 cars, the 1996 tock trains have been given full power which results in faster acceleration. Both trains also have different compressors and the design of the saloons are different as well, the 1995 has seats you can just flip down where as the 1996 doesn't, it has perch seats. The auto announcements are different as well, as are the display screens. Whilst the 1995 has an all female broadcast announcement system, the 1996 has a male and female. Lastly but not least the 1995 is newer then the 1996, though the way Tube Lines take care of them, the 95's are really starting to age a bit.

Sturdjos

I've never heard the male autoannouncer....

Oh - I guess if you mean '' This train terminates here!! All change please!! '' etc. then, I *have* heard it! ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Dan Lewis has been working on a video for the last few days, in an effort to show people how the route is progressing. If you would like to view it, please click here, and scroll down to the video and press 'PLAY'. :)

Feel free to comment on the video.

Enjoy!

Sturdjos

As Damon said - brilliant looking and sounding :)

What's the music called? I liked it when I heard it on the Jubilee DEV ... :)

The Snap

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Tom, or any other Mod, would it be possible to 'Sticky' this thread? The route has proved very popular (we have received emails on a daily basis regarding it!), and this thread would act as a constantly updated source of information for BVE4 users looking forward to the route.

Cheers,

alan barton

In BVE4 if you overshoot when stopping you are instructed to reverse or back up to the correct position, in a real time senario would a driver be entitled to back the train to that position (I would have thought that would be a dangerous practice).
Algy.

T

Tom

On LU a driver would generally not run back - on NR if the train is of a sufficient length to not run back, then the doors would just open at that position.

On LU the practice is to generally, if the train has over-run to such an extent that the rollback protection system would kick in (around 6 axle turns) then they will go ahead to the next station.

chunx2005

Looking toop stuff, will be up there with the Northern and BAkerloo lines know I think :happy4: :tongue1: :thumblef: :thumblef:

Met Driver

Established Member
In BVE4 if you overshoot when stopping you are instructed to reverse or back up to the correct position, in a real time senario would a driver be entitled to back the train to that position (I would have thought that would be a dangerous practice).
Algy.

Drivers are not entitled to reverse in the event of an overrun. If the train overruns a short distance and all doors are still in the platform, the driver can override the Correct Side Door Enable (CSDE) and then open the doors. If the leading set of passenger doors are outside the platform, the driver must cut out these doors and override the CSDE. If more than the leading set of doors are outside the platform, the driver must skip that station and continue to the next. On the PED section of the JLE, the driver must continue to the next station in the event of any overrun, of any length.

Status
Not open for further replies.