• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubilee line opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Looks good.

Lots of spadding :p

Don't like the way the 96ts is very 'networkery' and then suddenly morphs into the 95ts.

Alstom1995

A release at Xmas is not definate as the route is still not finished. Considering the route is not finished and set up properly hence the red signals, it is totally unecessary to be asking people what they think as the route and train are not at their full potential. The videos of the route are now outdated as well because it is now running from Swiss Cottage to West Ham, as opposed to just Baker Street to North Greenwich.

Oh and Liam, a lot of time, effort and hard work has gone into the 1996, if you can do better then please tell me and I will discontinue mine and you can make your own out of scratch!

Jubilee191

A release at Xmas is not definate as the route is still not finished. Considering the route is not finished and set up properly hence the red signals, it is totally unecessary to be asking people what they think as the route and train are not at their full potential. The videos of the route are now outdated as well because it is now running from Swiss Cottage to West Ham, as opposed to just Baker Street to North Greenwich.

Oh and Liam, a lot of time, effort and hard work has gone into the 1996, if you can do better then please tell me and I will discontinue mine and you can make your own out of scratch!

I meant it in a way of what people thought of it so far, sorry if you misunderstood...

devon_metro

Established Member

I understand that, it just seems un-usual.

Alstom1995

Other then the most obvious gear changing 465 sounds on the 1996, and the whistling sound on the 1995, the 1995 and 1996 use the same motor, hence why after the gto cuts out on the 1996, it then sounds like the 1995, its like that in reality as well.

tubenutter

I don't like the way everyone gets so worked up about comments on here. You just have to recommend something and you'll get bombarded with "you do it, then". If I was going to build a BVE route then I would come on here and see what routes people wanted and take that into account when making the decision. If people say something that you find offensive about your work then just ignore it, I know alstom1995's post was a bit tongue in cheek but others don't seem to be. Calm down people.

mbonwick

Established Member
I don't like the way everyone gets so worked up about comments on here. You just have to recommend something and you'll get bombarded with "you do it, then". If I was going to build a BVE route then I would come on here and see what routes people wanted and take that into account when making the decision. If people say something that you find offensive about your work then just ignore it, I know alstom1995's post was a bit tongue in cheek but others don't seem to be. Calm down people.
I second the motion!

Coxster

Established Member
I don't think Liam's comment was out of order considering the thread title is "Jubilee line opinions"

tubenutter

it wasn't this thread particularly that i was moaning about, but other threads where people get complained at for saying "can someone please make this route", when it is not necesarily such a stupid/rude thing to put.

Guinness

Established Member

Oh come on! Were you really expecting to get all positive comments when you write "opinions" in the title? Not everyone has the same 'positve' opinions of the route. Liam was pointing out something that could be improved on.....

Anyway. The route looks excellent apart from the minor sound problem after 15mph when it cuts into a 95TS.

Bizarre

Perhaps the title "Opinions" is asking for trouble but we all need to remember that these good people who code the routes & build the trains are doing so entirely voluntarily and for everyone's enjoyment. I have nothing but ABSOLUTE admiration for them and am very, very grateful for all that they do. I would not know where to start and really don't have the time either so am even more grateful that someone is effectively giving ME their time so that I can enjoy everything that BVE has to offer. Thank you Alstom1995 and those who are working with you. You have my unlimited gratitude for providing me with an opportunity to unwind after a stressful day running a busy college department!

Alstom1995

Firstly your welcome Bizarre and yes Damon i'm well aware what this thread is called, I just don't find it fair that people are already judging an unfinished route and train, even so, if people like Liam have to criticise, it could be a lot more constructive, as opposed to just that sounds like a 465!

devon_metro

Established Member
I was just giving an opinion-is that against the law?

I said it sounds un-usual as it cuts of so suddenly when i have heard from a video on you tube that it is more gradual. So it was constructive.

Jubilee191

Perhaps we're not judging it, all I'm asking is that if people like it or not so far. Of course I can't judge it like that, that would be asking for trouble...

Ca55ie

It's very impressive, guys. Try and sort out the volume levels on the 96 stock, though. There's quite a few transitions (especially when braking) where the sounds go from loud to quiet and vice versa - unrealistically so...

Now, bring on the flamewar!!:director:

Sam

Guinness

Established Member
The Jubilee Line Route is Very Good! :) Good work especially in the Modelling of Platform Barriers.

The only quibble as mentioned before is how the GTO Thyristor (96 Traction Motors) suddenly conk out at around 15 - 20mph and turn into 95TS sounds. Usually the sound would gradually fad away so perhaps a bit of sound editing would be useful. :)

Other than that it's making excellent progress and congrats to the team on this good looking piece of work. :)

Note to Mod / Staff Team - How long will I be on Moderation for? Just wondering as sometimes it can hours before a my post appears and by that time the question could of been answered! Thanks!

Bizarre

"Judging" suggests we are looking for value for money. No money whatsoever is involved here. If we don't like it, we can seek to do better, or gratefully receive what we have been given and not criticise those who have given freely of their time & skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.