• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubilee Liveries Poll

In your opinion, which operator has the best jubilee livery?

• DB 67026

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • FGW 43186

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • c2c 357006

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • GA 90009

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Other - TBA

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whhistle

On Moderation
67: Alright, but a bit corporate looking?
HST: Awful. The design doesn't flow. I'm surprised at FGW to be honest.
357: The flag and a bit on the doors? Is that it?
90: The flag looks too big. Why is it not the same size as the black stripe?

I guess the 67 is the best out of them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PFX

Simply by slapping a union flag on anything makes it jubilee it seems. The 90 and 357 both look like they've been subjected to this type of treatement - unimaginative and amateur.

As for the 43, I'm all for kids being given the chance to create but to be honest, it doesn't look good in the corporate world, even in an ironic way.

As a previous poster has said, the German owned Spanish loco has turned out by far the best.

Personally though, I find union jack this, olympics that being force-fed incessantly, slightly more than annoying.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
so special liveries don't need "contrast" doors then?
I really, really don't like that logo.

BestWestern

Established Member
I really, really don't like that logo.

I agree. That is the official Jubilee logo it seems, Stagecoach have also put it on the back end of some buses. It's awful, why on earth do we have to have something that looks like it's straight out of a Roald Dahl book as the official logo of such a major event? Whichever idiot made that decision must be locked in the Tower of London at once!

I saw the FGW 43 in person this week, and it looks just as awful as the photos :|

BestWestern

Established Member
On a serious note though, is the 47 not just unimaginative as the other Union Flag efforts? :o

Oswyntail

Established Member
On a serious note though, is the 47 not just unimaginative as the other Union Flag efforts? :o
Absolutely - it was unimaginative back then, and is less so today. At least the 67 version has some sense of design. There are so many elements to the flag that could be used, just to slap it on a slab side is a cop-out

PFX

Simply by slapping a union flag on anything makes it jubilee it seems. The 90 and 357 both look like they've been subjected to this type of treatement - unimaginative and amateur.

I think the 47 falls into this category too.

Schnellzug

Established Member

That's what i remarked about the 90; that's basically what Stratford did, just put a big Union Flag on the otherwise basic rail blue. In that respect, the 90 is following in the old tradition.

NXEA!

It's got to be the 90 for me, when I see it passing through Marks Tey whenever I'm on my travels it looks very smart and absolutely superb in my opinion, and it pays homage to the old Stratford tradition. The best Jubilee repaint in my opinion however is 47580 - look on the WNXX homepage, looks absolutely superb, a good reminder of 47163/164!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Fine, so paint it blue with a red bufferbeam and all the other celebratory paraphenalia, but for heavens sake don't put a Stratford silver roof on an electric loco. Alternatively, paint up a Cl47 in BR banger blue with a silver roof and union flags and make it a proper homage to 47164's Silver Jubilee livery.

The silver roof is a superfluous detail and has NOTHING to do with the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

O L Leigh
http://www.wnxx.com/pictures/47580.htm What do you reckon? ;)

Schnellzug

Established Member
I suppose the reason we haven't had any Olympic liveries is because all that is so tightly controlled by lord Coe and LOCOG. For that, perhaps, we ought to be grateful.

Temple Meads

Established Member
I suppose the reason we haven't had any Olympic liveries is because all that is so tightly controlled by lord Coe and LOCOG. For that, perhaps, we ought to be grateful.

We should be, in fact, I think we should be getting out the party poppers :P

Oswyntail

Established Member
Nothing to do with Coe or LOCOG, who are just organising the events. The control freaks are the IOC

Status
Not open for further replies.