• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jumping sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompeyfan

Established Member
I've noticed that on the up fast at Eastleigh, roughly inline with the shunt limit at the country end of platform 1 that there is quite a bit of vertical movement from both the rails and sleepers when a fast train passes over approx 3 inches. I would assume that this isn't ideal, but doesn't pose a significant risk?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
Best thing to do is report it to a staff member. They can then get it looked at by the correct people.

bolli

I've noticed that on the up fast at Eastleigh, roughly inline with the shunt limit at the country end of platform 1 that there is quite a bit of vertical movement from both the rails and sleepers when a fast train passes over approx 3 inches. I would assume that this isn't ideal, but doesn't pose a significant risk?

Slight bit of voiding underneath the sleeper, NR will be aware of it as it will be picked up by a test train, and if it gets too bad, will schedule a tamper over the section of line.

Nothing to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.