• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Junior Driver - DB Cargo UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony*1

This was what I was wondering too. I phoned them and asked the question. It was a bit of a strange call to be honest. I asked how I scored in the interview if indeed they had got that far. I was told that there’s something they need to clarify and would get back to me. She (Christie?) also said that it wasn’t anything to worry about on my part, but that I’d need to bear with her. And that was that. She also mentioned that I did score very well at interview, which at least answers the question as to if they got as far as scoring the interviews.

Well at least it’s some positive then that you have done good and everything was good on the interview side,

Just try and stay positive and it will happen in time

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fiesta89

I got same email basically put on hold.. but not had DMI yet.. Was expecting it after not hearing anything all January and the contract loss to Freightliner

Stigy

Established Member
Well at least it’s some positive then that you have done good and everything was good on the interview side,

Just try and stay positive and it will happen in time
Indeed. I’m in the GWR pool too now so we will see which (if either) materialise first. So near and yet so far lol.

Stigy

Established Member
I got same email basically put on hold.. but not had DMI yet.. Was expecting it after not hearing anything all January and the contract loss to Freightliner
I assumed also to an extent, however they did tell me to expect a delay when I enquired a few weeks ago.

Fiesta89

I assumed also to an extent, however they did tell me to expect a delay when I enquired a few weeks ago.

All valuable experience.. im waiting for DMI with DB and GWRs latest campaign so will where it takes me

Heaps92

I'd be interested to hear from the few who are currently in training for the JD role. How is life at DB? In was told at my interview that there was a massive push to fill these JD rolesbut that appears to of ground to a halt...
Ì have my final exam on the JD course tomorrow. Pretty happy with the firm. Getting looked after. No concerns from my end

Numbnuts846

So..... tomorrow is part 2 of the assessment in Doncaster which happens to be 5 years to the day since I was last there doing the same thing , only after having a dmi as well was put in a talent pool..... feel likes deja vu . Anybody else got part 2 tomorrow

Marx

So..... tomorrow is part 2 of the assessment in Doncaster which happens to be 5 years to the day since I was last there doing the same thing , only after having a dmi as well was put in a talent pool..... feel likes deja vu . Anybody else got part 2 tomorrow
Not tommorow but on the 25th all the best for tommorow

Tony*1

What area you going for?

Numbnuts846

So I assume they’ve told you the jobs are on hold for those locations?

Good luck with the assessments! I’m still quite confused about what’s happening?

As yet I've heard nothing apart from what's been said on this post . I was going to ask what the situation is tomorrow morning

train_lover

As yet I've heard nothing apart from what's been said on this post . I was going to ask what the situation is tomorrow morning
I'm absolutely baffled as to why they are putting the positions on hold but continuing to move people through to testing.

Stigy

Established Member
I'm absolutely baffled as to why they are putting the positions on hold but continuing to move people through to testing.
I can only assume it’s because they don’t envisage it being for long thus makes sense to continue with those they have got in the system?

Stigy

Established Member
Are you internal or external? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Numbnuts846

Glad to hear you passed, well done!

Did they mention the freeze in recruitment?

Not directly , but said the passes will be sent over today to hr for the next step . Was only 4 of us today me and another chap went first as we using public transport he passed but not sure on the other 2

Adman1980

Not directly , but said the passes will be sent over today to hr for the next step . Was only 4 of us today me and another chap went first as we using public transport he passed but not sure on the other 2

Hello fella I was there yesterday and was one of the other 2 interviewed. I passed too but left before the other fella so not sure how he got on. Congrats to you mate

Stigy

Established Member
I’m still wondering what it is they were confused about or didn’t understand about my interview notes...I don’t want to pester them, but I’m considering calling them and enquiring again. They did say to bear with them....

Burt807

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum, looking at applying for Trainee Driver for DB at their North West Hub. For the life of me I can't establish where that is, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

Numbnuts846

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum, looking at applying for Trainee Driver for DB at their North West Hub. For the life of me I can't establish where that is, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks
I expect it's Warrington

Burt807

Much appreciated. I live an hour and a half away, the advert stipulates a candidate must be within a 60 minutes commute, so I'm guessing there wouldn't be much flexibility around that. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.