• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Junior Driver - DB Cargo UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Burt807

Hi again,

Has anyone ever applied successfully for DB Warrington, who lives along the North Wales coast? Thanks

Adman1980

I had mine with a guy called Gary, the whole interview felt relaxed and comfortable. Afterwards I asked what would happen now and he said that he will be passing my details on to HR and then he asked if he'd got my contact details correct. I presume that they will be wanting so many to start together for the training.

Hello mate got my DMI with Gary this Wednesday coming. Not sure what to expect really, did yours follow the interview tips document that they sent out?

Adman1980

Anyone else had a DMI lately? What were your experiences of it? Not been to a job interview in over 16 years

Numbnuts846

Had the dreaded email from hr today about the freeze on jobs for Westbury and eastleigh.... I knew it was on the cards and it finally arrived

Far north 37

Established Member
Had the dreaded email from hr today about the freeze on jobs for Westbury and eastleigh.... I knew it was on the cards and it finally arrived
Db have lost the mendip contract to freightliner and the network rail infrastructure contract from eastleigh to gbrf which i think accounted for about 90% of there work in the area.

zoo

For Junior Drivers who want to move onto mainline driving...am I right in assuming they dont have do all the assessments again to move to main line driving??

Tony*1

For Junior Drivers who want to move onto mainline driving...am I right in assuming they dont have do all the assessments again to move to main line driving??

Depends on what you do during your JD training,

Some people have only been doing the short course
some are doing full rules because the yards they will be working in require them to be on the mainline

Atishyou

you don't have to do the assessments again, but you'll have to do the extra rules and rules tests etc

Deltic Dan

Had the same phone call conversation again!
Placed in a talent pool for 12months will get a call if any places come available

Stigy

Established Member
Placed in a talent pool for 12months will get a call if any places come available
Where was that for mate? A pool is better than a freeze on recruitment I guess?

Tony*1

Have you had a medical?

I think everybody is placed in a talent pool after assessments then a start date is given further down the line,

rail roader

Hi Deltic Dan, how was the conversation worded to you? I had the phone call back in Dec for Toton and i was told i am offered the job, however the courses are full up so i am placed in a Talent Pool until a next slot becomes available, which could be next week or same time in a years time. I haven't had my medical btw.

Tz55uk

I passed all my tests in aug and September and had a email a few weeks ago saying in a talent pool for midlands, very frustrating

Firestarter

I passed all my tests in aug and September and had a email a few weeks ago saying in a talent pool for midlands, very frustrating

You and other people for midlands should apply for the Vacancy at GB railFreight to give your self more options I’d suggest

rail roader

Tz55uk did they tell you that you have the job? It is frustrating indeed, but all good things come to those who wait i guess lol.

Tz55uk

No just passed all tests and placed in the talent pool waiting for next steps

Tz55uk

No nothing in post just an email saying I was in the talent pool is it woth ringing HR to see what's going on

train_lover

No nothing in post just an email saying I was in the talent pool is it woth ringing HR to see what's going on
I received a card that is like a large train ticket stating that I was in the talent pool and its valid for 12 months. I wouldn't worry too much it, as it'll only states what you've already been told.

Numbnuts846

I received a card that is like a large train ticket stating that I was in the talent pool and its valid for 12 months. I wouldn't worry too much it, as it'll only states what you've already been told.

All I got was .....

Good Afternoon

Hope this email find you well?

We just wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with further feedback in regards to your Junior/Trainee Driver application

Currently the business is placing the following regions on hold due to contractual changes that have recently taken place.

Westbury and Eastleigh have been effected by these changes and the business has now made a decision to freeze all Junior Driver and Trainee Driver recruitment.

We will keep your details on file and contact you again once we are in a position to progress your application.

Unfortunately we can not provide timescales for when this will happen.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate in contacting the recruitment team on 01302 575027.

We appreciate that is will be disappointing news and we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your application to join DB Cargo and also attending the assessments centers.

Good Luck and all the best for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.