• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Junior Driver - DB Cargo UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

C001

No I’m external and had my medical after interview at the depot .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnlh

I was external as well and had my medical on the 23rd of September.

Does anyone have a shift roster for North Kent by any chance?

Heaps92

I was external as well and had my medical on the 23rd of September.

Does anyone have a shift roster for North Kent by any chance?
Dont run before you can walk. Not started the course yet so dont need to worry about the shifts. I'd concentrate in the 10 weeks first because it's going to be the most stressful 10 weeks you can have. Then worry about what your mentors shifts are going to be. Most like midnight starts long turns silly o clock in the morning or the evening

johnlh

Dont run before you can walk. Not started the course yet so dont need to worry about the shifts. I'd concentrate in the 10 weeks first because it's going to be the most stressful 10 weeks you can have. Then worry about what your mentors shifts are going to be. Most like midnight starts long turns silly o clock in the morning or the evening

I appreciate that, however, the reason I’m asking is so I can get an idea of the shift patterns/how many weekends/nights etc. I live in Essex and need to use the Dartford Toll so I’m weighing up wether to keep my motorbike or sell it. Financially I’m taking a pay cut so I need to work these things out. I originally applied for Barking so this changes my plans slightly. Surely it’s ok to try and establish an idea of the working patterns of the depot I’m being posted to? I appreciate there may be no one on this thread with the info but there is no harm in asking.

Heaps92

I appreciate that, however, the reason I’m asking is so I can get an idea of the shift patterns/how many weekends/nights etc. I live in Essex and need to use the Dartford Toll so I’m weighing up wether to keep my motorbike or sell it. Financially I’m taking a pay cut so I need to work these things out. I originally applied for Barking so this changes my plans slightly. Surely it’s ok to try and establish an idea of the working patterns of the depot I’m being posted to? I appreciate there may be no one on this thread with the info but there is no harm in asking.
Keep the motorbike, short term pain for a long term gain. I took 10k pay cut to be a junior driver then worked every rest day as overtime and got comfy again and no I've just finished the mainline junior course and am back to square one of flat wages. I'd keep the motorbike If i were you ive just bought one for the sake of saving money.

C001

Well that’s me had my start date !! Offered me 18th November but had to decline that one... and now been given 9th of December !

C001

Anyone received there paper work yet ? How did it come? By email or post if so.

MA8141

No paperwork, it will probably take a week or so to get that in place and will be by post, from what I’ve been told.

C001

No paperwork, it will probably take a week or so to get that in place and will be by post, from what I’ve been told.

cool, cheers for quick reply .. I’ve to hang off handing in my notice in till I get that stuff through .. mine will prob be after yours as I start 3 weeks after you.

GeniusB

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise me on what exact assessments you sit for DB ?
Group Bourbon, TRP1, ect....

C001

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise me on what exact assessments you sit for DB ?
Group Bourbon, TRP1, ect....

for junior/trainee driver
Group Bourdon
Glop test- read a passage memorise it and answer questions
Dials test
Tones test count the tones played to you, can’t remember if it’s the high or low one you count .
Search for double symbols in a telephone directly and circle then - 2 tests for that one is counting tones at same time .

computer tests
Take the call round the maze using 2 joysticks
Flashing image test
And the test where u stare at a screen for half hour clicks a button everyone the box goes black .

hopefully not missed any and hope you can understand that .

GeniusB

Group Bourdon
Dials test
Tones test count the tones played to you, can’t remember if it’s the high or low one you count .
Search for double symbols in a telephone directly and circle then - 2 tests for that one is counting tones at same time .

computer tests
Flashing image test
And the test where u stare at a screen for half hour clicks a button everyone the box goes black .

Thanks mate

GeniusB

Group Bourdon
Dials test

computer tests
Flashing image test

No MMI interview ?

C001

Anyone else been told they are starting in December yet ? Still waiting for email but spoke to recruitment again to check and she said def December for my drivers course .

MA8141

it took them a little while post phone call to send over the emails etc, the date is 100% guaranteed though
Anyone else been told they are starting in December yet ? Still waiting for email but spoke to recruitment again to check and she said def December for my drivers course .

Callmo

I am in the same position as you, I was told a December the 9th start date, I’m getting a little bit concerned as I haven’t heard anything since and I would need to hand my notice in at my current workplace fairly soon!
So I’m kind of hoping to hear something within the next few days, if not I’ll give them a call and see what’s happening.

C001

I spoke to her 2 days ago she said def starting in December .. are you junior/trainee driver aswell ? She said we are getting something very soon and yeah I’m in same boat as you for handing notice in ... but def starting December but would like paperwork before notice is handed in .. but looks like we both been told same thing.. what depot are you for mate .. good to see someone one here is on my course aswel

C001

Congrats! Just wondering, how long has it taken you to get this far from when you first applied for the job?

Applied for the job on June 11th ... every month there has been some sort of movement. Notice of test .. test .. medical bla bla bla .. quite quick for the railway tbh .

Callmo

Well I’ve had my email today telling me I’m def starting lol literally a hour ago lol

I’ve just had the same as well mate, December the 9th start date and all uniform/PPE order forms to complete - Although the contract will follow shortly I’ve been told! I’m in for the Peterborough depot, what about yourself?

MA8141

That’s going to rock the boat with some ! Perhaps it’s just any further recruitment but the ones who have contracts are still on to start ?
All recruitment now frozen I'm sorry to inform you.
Not sure about those already waiting to start.

C001

I’ve just had the same as well mate, December the 9th start date and all uniform/PPE order forms to complete - Although the contract will follow shortly I’ve been told! I’m in for the Peterborough depot, what about yourself?

I will be at kingmoor .. Carlisle mate.. yeah going to fill all the ppe stuff in later and email it back ..

congrats mate .. look forward to meeting you !

C001

That’s going to rock the boat with some ! Perhaps it’s just any further recruitment but the ones who have contracts are still on to start ?

either that or one of these people that like to stir the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.