• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

just a screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
After a relaxing weekend fiddling about with the lighting on the tutorial route, here is another screenie - tutorial should be up in a few days.

just a screenshot.JPG

I really must get out more.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
I know the track texture and rails aren't that good - I would say it's on the 'to do' list but in this case I'd be lying as the shot is from the tutorial route.

This route is being built with two aims; demonstrate the route building essentials and show what can be achieved by further application of the techniques described both in the tutorials and also those in Luigi's object building guide.

If I ever obtain some track textures that I am truly happy with, I will certainly use them with railhead detail on the Clarendon extension.

The Snap

Established Member
Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
Looks good! Just a suggetion to add a textue to the railhead :)

Excellent, very realistic. I agree with Shane though...;)

Dennis

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
There's a Clarendon extension!? :)

There is a Clarendon extension being built but I seemed to be losing direction with it and needed a break (hence the routebuilding tutorials). The disadvantage of building fictional routes like Clarendon is that there are no clearly defined goals; when building a 'real' route, what you construct is what is present in real life. On the Clarendon extension, I found it was becoming an object building exercise because I wasn't clear in my mind where the route was going. Now I'm feeling more focussed and have a clear idea where it's going (round the bend and downhill fast!!).

The tutorials are now nearing the end with only the building of a station being planned. This was never intended to be a complete route - just covering the basics to get people started.

The tunnel approach scene is really a bit beyond the remit of the tutorials as I wasn't going to cover object building. However, as there was a need to cover walls, dikes, grounds and gradients, there was a requirement to build a scene which incorporated all these elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.