• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Just booked the night Riviera at the end of July. Any Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to it. I'm looking for any tips really But mainly below:

Paddington
I'm going to hang out in the first class lounge for a bit before but would love any suggestions.

On the train
Apart from visiting the bar is there any must dos?
Do they serve a vegan Breakfast?

Penzance.
What are the showers like?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Just be aware the lounge car was closed last year when I used it in September, this may have already changed or may do so, but it may be worth taking some refreshments on board just in case.

I have only used the showers at the Paddington end and they are no frills but adequate.

Enjoy your trip.

GPT

Really looking forward to it. I'm looking for any tips really But mainly below:

Paddington
I'm going to hang out in the first class lounge for a bit before but would love any suggestions.

On the train

Penzance.
What are the showers like?
Last used the service in September 2019. The First Class lounge had very little food left and I went next door to McDonalds !!
Possibly due to being late in the evening as I have always had an excellent selection of food when visiting for early day trains.

On the train the bar was as far as I went.
I would assume there was a vegan option but I probably had a bacon roll.

Don't forget to hand in your door key at Penzance.

Veteran Member
Not specific to the NR, but I always reckon a nightcap is essential for sleepers :)

HST274

The station itself is impressive so make sure to have a little time for just looking around, getting a pic of Paddington bear etc. Also the station lounge was good last time I went, with free food and drink and the Victorian lounge was quite beautiful.

One must do on the train I think is to head to the back when you awake. The loco should be left at Reading allowing you to see the tracks trailing away behind you, quite a cool sight in my opinion.
Like mentioned probably, but I had a bacon bap so cannot say. I would just check an online menu or phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.