• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Just completed Tests (Advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varboss

Hi all, Just registered for the site as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge available.

Ive applied for a rail operative role and just completed 2 tests online.

Test 1: Complete Instrument (dsi) no time limit. 18 statements.
I found this simple and was just picking between 2 statements of what im like.

Test 2: Following Instructions 8 mins to answer 40 questions.(was a note stating that network rail do not expect you to answer all). This had questions like accounts questions, calender questions and routes you would take to get to places.

This was a little more tricky, I managed 26 out out of the 40. I know that the 26 are all correct as i did double check them. I think quality over quantity is better. I just hope that 26 is enough.

So anyway I would love any insight into this guys.
I hope this helps others about to take the tests too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kitwall

Hi all, Just registered for the site as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge available.

Test 2: Following Instructions 8 mins to answer 40 questions.(was a note stating that network rail do not expect you to answer all). This had questions like accounts questions, calender questions and routes you would take to get to places.

This was a little more tricky, I managed 26 out out of the 40. I know that the 26 are all correct as i did double check them. I think quality over quantity is better. I just hope that 26 is enough.

Hope you get a pass.
I’ll be doing mine tomorrow

kitwall

Done my tests this evening. Think they went ok but who know. Pity you don’t get an instant result.

Varboss

Just been told I passed my tests so very happy, fingers crossed I move forward to next stage.

Varboss

Congratulations! Keep us posted on how it's all progressing.

Thank you very much. I will indeed.
Ive applied for 2 operative roles, 1 is a mass rollout for different locations. The other is at Eastleigh.

Whatever happens il gather feedback if need be to give me a better chance for the future.

Varboss

So for the operative rolling out in all areas the status has updated to "Application under consideration for assessment 2".

This is another step in the right direction.

The Eastleigh Operative position is at "Test Completed", However i did recieve an email regarding this 1 advising me i had met the critera for my application to move forward.

So for the operative rolling out in all areas the status has updated to "Application under consideration for assessment 2".

This is another step in the right direction.

The Eastleigh Operative position is at "Test Completed", However i did recieve an email regarding this 1 advising me i had met the critera for my application to move forward.
Your application will be in the sifting process now with the hiring manager.

Varboss

Your application will be in the sifting process now with the hiring manager.

Thank you, Fingers crossed for this.

My undertsanding is they dont rush themselves, Is it correct that for example if there was 10 positions that the manager would take the 10 best test scores and they would get interviewed, Or the application would also come into play so to speak.

I only ask as I was told this but I dont know how reliable this source is.

kitwall

I’m in the same position. Status has been “tests completed” for over 2 weeks.
Had email advising I’ve reached benchmark as well over 2 weeks ago now.

DRS66421

Can I ask, for the Following Instructions test is it a whole paragraph that you need to read before answering the questions or is it just one sentence and then answer the questions? Also does every question have a different text that you need to read? Many thanks.

BloominMan

Can I ask, for the Following Instructions test is it a whole paragraph that you need to read before answering the questions or is it just one sentence and then answer the questions? Also does every question have a different text that you need to read? Many thanks.

Yes they are paragraphs. Every question is different too. Questions not necessarily railway related, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.