• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Just found.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingboyD

SimSig, I find it strangly interesting :grin: first sig box I got was Stafford (easing myself into it :roll: lol) and I found that quite hard seeing as tho I hadnt touched the prog before and I have no knowledge of the roots of the 5 screens that go with Staff`s, there were a few deleted trains :oops:

So next up was the simpler Royston, dead easy really but there was 1 prob that I couldnt figure out, Royston root from plat 2 to reverse back was locked and I couldnt free the path up for a plat 1 train so it all backed up and I had to close :???: No idea what I could have done there as the signal stems were not white so I had no option to change the root.

Just getting to grips with Didgcot at the mo which isnt too bad IMO!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

Simsig didcot aint hard because the computer does 95% of the work (ARS)

As for royston, sounds like you've left a signal in auto on the london line. Just un-click the blue filled in circle by the signal and then the route should release

As for stafford. It's pretty basic. VW5 (colwich loop) is just a line from stoke which heads to rugely (VW2, on the bottom) avoiding stafford, but thw line which leaves at stone goes to Norton Bridge (VW4), and then at stafford you have the line to brum (bushbury junction), and then you have the main WCML running straight through from VW4 to VW1 (and vice versa)

Hope this helps, if you want any more, just let me know

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I started off with Liverpool Street which I found rather easy as you've only got a few screens and you just have to keep an eye on one end, or the TRTS alerts.

KingboyD

Thanks for your input guys :)

Right, what am I doing wrong here??

simsig.jpg

6E55 is scheduled to goto the down loop having come from Meldreth on the Up line, I sent it on the crossover and rooted via Royston Plt 2 then set the loop root, driver reports wrong root set???? I'm lost :roll::grin:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorted :D http://www.simsig.co.uk/discus/messages/1946/9807.html?1204224091

rail-britain

Established Member
I much prefer simulations where at least I know the general operation or layout
With SimSig, I started off on Kings Cross in 2005 and 2006
Everything was fine until I ended up with a duplicate 4L88 at Hitchin Up Yard and the game never went any further
Lost interest for a while
After numerous trips to Milton Keynes I then started on Stafford
I've not run into any problems and enjoy a full days work, even starting some simulations from 00:01 and running right through the 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.