• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

K4 The Great Marquess

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
I know that this loco is currently in storage at the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway whilst John Cameron's plans for its future are confirmed, but I'm just curious to know where the loco was based during its active career in preservation? I know it worked extensively for WCRC on the Jacobite; did it simply live at Carnforth when not at Fort William, or was it based at a heritage line as 62005 and 45212 usually are between seasons?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steamie Boxes

I know that this loco is currently in storage at the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway whilst John Cameron's plans for its future are confirmed, but I'm just curious to know where the loco was based during its active career in preservation? I know it worked extensively for WCRC on the Jacobite; did it simply live at Carnforth when not at Fort William, or was it based at a heritage line as 62005 and 45212 usually are between seasons?

Cheers
Until it was moved to Bo'ness it was based at NYMR out of season

Status
Not open for further replies.