KA/TfW franchise: station & infrastructure improvements

Discussion in 'Infrastructure & Stations' started by PaulHarding150, 2 Jan 2019.

1. PaulHarding150

PaulHarding150 Member

https://tfw.gov.wales/sites/default/files/documents/ITSFT Volume 7 (Stations) Conformed.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Jan 2019
  2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Nick Ashwell

Nick Ashwell Member

It would be nice to know what plans they have for stations they have committed to upgrading. I know Chepstow is going to be upgraded but they haven't said anything more. I'm assuming it'll just be step free from the old Fairfields site but nothing at all has come out to my knowledge

4. Rhydgaled

Rhydgaled Established Member

Miskin station could be an interesting one. If it is built at the village it would be under 1.5km from Pontyclun station. Is that the plan or is the proposal for a park & ride station near J.34 of the M4? If the latter, then I note that the west end of the Miskin freight loop is nearby and would hope that the loop would be extended to include the station. With platforms on the loop, rather than on the main lines, the station could be used to allow fast trains to overtake stoppers. That is a facility that in my opinion is sorely needed between Cardiff and Bridgend given the long-standing promise to double the Maesteg service to half-hourly and my 'pet project' of new express services between Cardiff and Carmarthen.

5. Mr Apples

Mr Apples Member

I see the residents of Magor are banging on about a new 'walkway' station (i.e. a station without a car park - interesting).
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48662904

Is this not a bit too close to Severn Tunnel Junction to be sensible?

6. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

No worse than Caldicot is!