• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Keep getting "unsubscribed" from threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltic1961

I've noticed I will get notifications for mew posts in a thread quite often, then they will just stop out of nowhere.

If I go back and find the thread there will have been replies but I won't be notified of them.

It seems the notifications just switch themselves off randomly nut not on all threads?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigfoot

I have exactly the same issue, it has been happening for months. Then randomly I get an email notification of new replies out of the blue after weeks of none despite there having had been replies to threads on a daily basis.

nlogax

Established Member
From what I can see notifications turn themselves off if you don't *visit* a thread for a period of time. Open the thread up and notifications will restart.

Mods..is there a view of what actually happens ?

Bigfoot

From what I can see notifications turn themselves off if you don't *visit* a thread for a period of time. Open the thread up and notifications will restart.

Mods..is there a view of what actually happens ?
I visit the threads daily or even more often. Perhaps it's because I have viewed the posts before the email is sent.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you don't visit a thread after having received a notification then you won't get any more. The exception is if someone quotes your post, or if someone tags you in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.