• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Keighley Station work - July - Mid August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Heres some pictures of some new things which are being put into Keighley Station which started in July and should be finished in a couple of weeks.

1. New Automatic doors on platfrom 2 undercover waiting room.
DSCF3582.jpg

2. New ramp on one of two doors on the waiting room on platform one which will make it easier for people with wheelchairs to access the waiting room.
DSCF3584.jpg

3. Close up on the ramp
DSCF3590.jpg

4. A new Waiting shelter on platform 1.
DSCF3583.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JamesHorrell

Shame they're not restoring the canopies to match the K&WVR ones!

Yeah it is but the thing i don't like is the automatic doors on the platfrom 2 waiting romm as it kind of ruins the 'old look' of the waiting room.

But if the canopies were done it would look brill.

John S2

The ramp into the waiting room should not have been constructed in my opinion. It makes the remaining platform width too narrow.

Crossover

Established Member
I'd seen all of those apart from the "bus shelter" on platform 1 :lol:

Yeah it is but the thing i don't like is the automatic doors on the platfrom 2 waiting romm as it kind of ruins the 'old look' of the waiting room.

I suspect the automatic doors are necessary both to make it properly accessible plus the fact that if you had a normal door, its sweep would take over half of the waiting room!

The ramp into the waiting room should not have been constructed in my opinion. It makes the remaining platform width too narrow.

Not only that but the thing stands out like a sore thumb...couldn't they have done something a bit more sympathetic <_<

Deerfold

Veteran Member

I wonder if they'll still have as many people smoking in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.