• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kentish Town terminaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJS76

Apologies if this has been raised before but how and where do Thameslink trains that terminate at Kentish Town from the South reverse? I've looked at the carto metro map and can only see a siding at Cricklewood. Surely trains don't use this, if they do why don't they terminate here instead?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Apologies if this has been raised before but how and where do Thameslink trains that terminate at Kentish Town from the South reverse? I've looked at the carto metro map and can only see a siding at Cricklewood. Surely trains don't use this, if they do why don't they terminate here instead?
Thanks
Don’t they run northwards on the “up/down relief” into P3 and reverse back from the same platform? That’s what RTT suggests anyway. I checked the Rainham services this Sunday:

goo_trains

The two replies above are correct, they run into platform 3 and reverse. I've only occasionally seen them at platform 4 which is normally cordoned off and closed to passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.