• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Keolis Amey Wales - Future Rolling Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambrian359

I've been told that anecdotally (as reported elsewhere) so I think it's safe to say that's the plan.

TfW will be getting 150s and 153s next year (which presumably will be refurbished from day 1), I'm also sure that one 150 is off for PRM mods at the moment.

Last I heard was 769s would be arriving next April (12 months later than planned) so it's probably safer just to mention refurbished trains in general than specify a type.
I’ve read about the extra 153s but not 150s,any idea on number of extra 150s and where from?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anamyd

On Moderation
Mentions new stations at London square and Cardiff bay......first time I’ve seen no mention of flourish! Does that mean they’ve decided to go with bay instead of flourish?
Also note it’s says additional capacity on valley lines with refurbished trains in 2019-previously 769 were specifically mentioned rather than general refurbished trains!
Difference in working could mean nothing....but still interesting

Loudoun, not London!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a reminder this thread is to discuss future rolling stock provision on this franchise, and not any other matters.

Members are more than welcome to create a new thread (or post in an existing one, where applicable) to discuss any other topic.

Also a reminder to ensure posts comply with our forum rules and to ensure that posts are accessible to all (including our blind members).

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
My West Midlands Trains list was quite successful so might do one for this too haha.

175103 - Transport For Wales
175107 - Transport For Wales

Everything else - Arriva
;)

Will get a proper and detailed list out ASAP, with plans to update regularly. Some don’t like the whole list thing I know but it’s been quite successful for the WMThread.

:)

Parallel

Established Member
I saw the 175 at Newport yesterday and I have to say that I do like the new livery! The dirt was already showing under the carriage windows though. I think they’ll need an exterior clean more often. The new ATW livery was good at hiding that :lol:

anamyd

On Moderation
I saw the 175 at Newport yesterday and I have to say that I do like the new livery! The dirt was already showing under the carriage windows though. I think they’ll need an exterior clean more often. The new ATW livery was good at hiding that :lol:
107 or 003...?

Honest Ross

107 ran the 1739 from Cardiff Central and was already stinking dirty.

White NOT a great idea.

anamyd

On Moderation
2030 Machynlleth service on 16/10/18 at Aberystwyth station formed of 158-832, just before depature, I noticed that in the co-driver's side of the driving cab there was another member of staff... he had some thick display screen in there with buttons to the side of it, and when the driver got out to turn on the Llanbadarn Fawr level crossing barriers, I asked him what was going on in there and he said "nothing" and then when I asked him if it was "top secret" he said "yeah" - any ideas...?

anamyd

On Moderation
My West Midlands Trains list was quite successful so might do one for this too haha.

Everything else - Arriva
;)

Will get a proper and detailed list out ASAP, with plans to update regularly. Some don’t like the whole list thing I know but it’s been quite successful for the WMThread.

Like my 158 PRM list haha (which I will try and add 150s to as well once they get going)

samuelmorris

Established Member

Everything else - Arriva
;)

Might I suggest that gets its own thread? It's very likely to get buried here.

anamyd

On Moderation
Just to be clear, is the new livery 175 that isn't 107, 003 or 103...?

anamyd

On Moderation

Everything else - Arriva
;)

The second new livery 175 is definitely 003, not 103. I've just watched a YouTube video confirming that. Your list should say 175107 and 175003. In case you don't know, 175001-011 are the 2-car units and 175101-116 are the 3-car units (27 total Class 175 DMUs).

Status
Not open for further replies.