• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Keolis to run DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

oversteer

BBC News said:
French transport group Keolis has been awarded a new franchise to operate London's Dockland's Light Railway (DLR) from December 2014.

Keolis, a subsidiary of SNCF, will operate the franchise until April 2021, Transport for London (TfL) said.

The transport group has an option to extend the franchise until 2023.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28157128

They will run the franchise from December to April 2021

Always been impressed with the DLR service, hope no jobs go as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Given the connection with Govia I wonder if there will be any reciprocal staff travel concessions?

PowerLee

What a surprise, a company connected with Govia get's the franchise :roll:

Aictos

Established Member
Given the connection with Govia I wonder if there will be any reciprocal staff travel concessions?

I hope so, I know FCC had a really good deal with TfL with a PTAC Oyster be nice if Govia came in and extended it to all Govia employees although until they actually do takeover it's guesswork.

What a surprise, a company connected with Govia get's the franchise :roll:

And the whole point of your trolling comment?

bicbasher

Established Member
I only used the DLR last week and was impressed at how much it's improved in the last couple of years.

Didn't Serco have issues regarding strike action from PSA's?

PowerLee

Care to share your knowledge?
Or are you just gobbing off!

Soon to be 4 rail franchises & now the DLR to, seem's a bit greedy overall to me., shouldnt be allowed to have that much control over public transport.

Aictos

Established Member
Your point being? First currently manage 4 TOCs and 1 OAO and National Express in their prime ran about 7 TOCs so what!

Clip

Established Member
Like Scania3379man me and our lass were hoping Stagecoach got it, if only for the added travel benefits.

All in all Serco have done a really good job bringing it up to a 99% railway, it has its faults of course but after 15 years guess a change may do it good.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Soon to be 4 rail franchises & now the DLR to, seem's a bit greedy overall to me., shouldnt be allowed to have that much control over public transport.
I don't understand what you're saying (no, not because of the poor spelling, grammar and punctuation ;) - I don't get your point).

Stats

It's obviously passed you by that Keolis has been part of 4 rail franchises for the last 7 years.

Last edited:

SF-02

Govia are a bit variable though - I like southern but don't rate southeastern. Southern always seemed more innovative and gave the impression the management cared more. I know Horton switched which makes it all the more puzzling. Maybe the culture difference ran deeper with local area managers.

On the bright side this possibly means their chances of losing southeastern in a few years may go up. Would it be too politically difficult to have one company control so much in the south east? On paper it shouldn't but in the corridors of power?

Other companies have of course had more in the past but geographically spread - Govia have 5 around the same area - there's the merged Thameslink with Southern, Southeastern, DLR, and London Midland (ok so this doesn't match the others but still serves London commuters).

Last edited:

gage75

Govia are a bit variable though - I like southern but don't rate southeastern. Southern always seemed more innovative and gave the impression the management cared more. I know Horton switched which makes it all the more puzzling. Maybe the culture difference ran deeper with local area managers.

On the bright side this possibly means their chances of losing southeastern in a few years may go up. Would it be too politically difficult to have one company control so much in the south east? On paper it shouldn't but in the corridors of power?

Other companies have of course had more in the past but geographically spread - Govia have 5 around the same area - there's the merged Thameslink with Southern, Southeastern, DLR, and London Midland (ok so this doesn't match the others but still serves London commuters).

mayhap that if they do hold on to the South Eastern Franchise, they could rebrand the whole lot as Network South East...

SF-02

mayhap that if they do hold on to the South Eastern Franchise, they could rebrand the whole lot as Network South East...

I doubt many would mind that...if it resulted in a lack of duplications in head offices and managers and thus lower operating costs.

317 forever

Established Member
Keolis winning the DLR franchise means that Serco are losing this franchise just weeks after gaining the Scottish Sleeper franchise.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I think it should be noted that in the eyes of Keith Brown and his Holyrood coleegs Serco can do no wrong. They are in realitty making a hash of Northlink Ferries and will run the sleapers into the ground despite there promises. Its a mark of how tight a hold TFL have on the DLR that theyv not been allowed to break it!

Eng274

I think it should be noted that in the eyes of Keith Brown and his Holyrood coleegs Serco can do no wrong. They are in realitty making a hash of Northlink Ferries and will run the sleapers into the ground despite there promises. Its a mark of how tight a hold TFL have on the DLR that theyv not been allowed to break it!

Sounds like Serco would be ideal for doing track renewals.

Sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.